Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #1

2012 Cruise Lite TT - HELP!

First time here and about to make our maiden voyage out to Yellowstone from Chicago and could use the collective help in troubleshooting a few things on our used/new 261bhxl.

1.) I de-winterized the TT yesterday and things ran just fine when connected to the garden hose. When I attempted to run the fresh water tank through the lines, nothing happened. The water pump was on, and there seemed to be pressure, but no water was coming out of the faucets. Is there something else that needs to happen?

2.) I noticed a valve under the TT, looking to be a gravity empting point for the fresh water tank, but next to it was another piece of hose with no clamp or valve on it. Can anyone confirm what these pipes are for?

3.) I cannot get the hot water heater to fire on. Can it be hand lit?

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. We are going to need this TT to be running well for our 8 week adventure and my 3 kids appreciate your input .
benet00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:30 PM   #2

hello Benet... I see no one responded to you... So I will try to help (I actually just traded in my 2012 Cruise line 281BHXL in the Chicago area a few months ago)

There are two connections for your camper. There is a threaded connection that should be labeled "City Water". This connection you use any time you have water from a pressurized source (i.e. a hose). You do not use the water pump when connected to "City Water".

The other connection (not threaded, just a smooth hole) is the water tank fill. You fill up this tank and then the pump will pressurize the water throughout the system. My guess is that you didn't fill the water tank and thus had no water to pump thru the system.

If in fact the 2 pipes your are talking about are near the fresh water tank (ours was under the bottom bunk in the back)... The one with a valve should be the fresh water tank drain. The hose with no valve is the over flow. When you fill the fresh water tank, fill it until water comes out this hose.

I have never tried to hand light the water heater... Most likely you have either empty propane tanks or air in the lines. you may have to bleed the lines out as the water heater uses so little gas and only tries to light for a short time it will never bleed out all the air. What I used to do (and its probably not the safest option) is the turn on the stove top burner and keep hitting the ignitor until I could get the burner lit. Then I would light all 3 burners and let it run a few minutes until I had all the air out (you can tell by the "smoothness" of the flame. Once that is done a few more cycles should get the water heater lit.

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags