Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #1

2012 Salem Hemisphere Lite 316 RETS Electrical Problem

I just recently bought a 2012 Salem Hemisphere Lite 216 RETS. I took it out this past weekend and couldnt get my rear stabilizer jacks to come down. I had to manually lower them with the crank. I was wondering if anybody knew where the fuse box was located? I checked the fuse box inside my 5th wheel but that fuse isnt there. I have been told there is usually another fuse box in the 5th wheel. I also realized that the lights above my bed (slide out) do not work as well. If anyone had any info to offer to me it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
armcor02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #2

We have a 2013 Salem Hemishpere 346QBUD, on order & was told the 2013 no longer comes with the power stabilizer Jacks on the back, guess maybe they had more problems then they wanted to cover.

No help here though as new to the Salem Hemisphere line & don't have ours yet.
papamcgown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If you raise the stabilizer jacks up against their stop, you'll blow the fuse. If the fuse isn't in the 12V fuse panel it may be in line close to the switch.

If you don't have ceiling lights working in the slide you may have a pinched or broken 12V wiring to the slide. You may be able to see the wiring feed under the slideout.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #4

Thank You for the info. I have an appointment set up to have the fuse replaced for the jacks and to have the wiring looked at for the lights.
armcor02 is offline   Reply With Quote