Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #1

2013 26Tbuds... any mods to do?

2 years ago I decided to go out and buy a boat... when the decision was made it was also decided that we would not need a RV and we could just tent it for next few years. After 2 years of rain and crappy weather we caved and started looking into RVs. i wanted to buy a older one that was cheap and that we could fix up to suite our needs, however my wife had other plans.... after looking at used RV after used RV SHE decided we needed to buy brand new... low and behold We are now PROUD owners of our brand new 2013 Salem 26Tbuds
here are a few pictures of our unit.

Oh yeah here is my boat

I tow this RV with my 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4.8L

Well now that I have this unit I am interested in Modding it... I tend to stay in camping areas where no power is available and I use my Powerhouse 2000i Inverter to charge up my battery. I find I have to do it a little to often then I would like. I am interested in LED lights does anyone have any recommendations on that?
Also I have 3 dogs, yes 3 dogs (2 big, 1 small) I hate having to tie my dogs up as they can get tangled and they are never tied up at home so my question is does anyone have an Idea on how to transport a Dog kennel (chain link fence panels) to my camping area... there are no rules stating that I can not use one so i figure i might as well try. I am thinking about building a bracket for my tahoe roof or try mounting the fence under the RV... has anyone done this before?

If anyone else has any MUST DO mods feel free to let me know as I like to make my life easier!!
blissman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #2

Congratulations!

Sorry, I don't have any good mod suggestions. We are looking to trade our Viking pop-up for a trailer next spring. Though I have been reading a lot here and have run across a couple good mod posts. Have you tried searching? Also there is a modifications and updates forum specifically dedicated to enhancements.

Happy camping!
MNFamilyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #3

I have swapped out to LED. Bought cheap ones on Ebay. Each light has 28 mini lights in them. They are still not as bright as the stock ones but the trade off in terms of battery consumption is worth it to me. I am swapping out the Vail Sport tires. I don't have many miles on mine and already am down one...
Old 08-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by desman View Post
I have swapped out to LED. Bought cheap ones on Ebay. Each light has 28 mini lights in them. They are still not as bright as the stock ones but the trade off in terms of battery consumption is worth it to me. I am swapping out the Vail Sport tires. I don't have many miles on mine and already am down one...
would you happen to know what the bulb # is so i can start looking for a replacement....

Yeah i found the Mod Forum after I already started this thread
blissman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #5

Read my (very long) thread at http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-14096.html on all of the mods I made to my electrical system to make me completely independent of on-grid power. It was a "big" project, a bit expensive, but 'm VERY happy with the results!

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissman20 View Post
2 years ago I decided to go out and buy a boat... when the decision was made it was also decided that we would not need a RV and we could just tent it for next few years. After 2 years of rain and crappy weather we caved and started looking into RVs. i wanted to buy a older one that was cheap and that we could fix up to suite our needs, however my wife had other plans.... after looking at used RV after used RV SHE decided we needed to buy brand new... low and behold We are now PROUD owners of our brand new 2013 Salem 26Tbuds
here are a few pictures of our unit.

Oh yeah here is my boat

I tow this RV with my 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4.8L

Well now that I have this unit I am interested in Modding it... I tend to stay in camping areas where no power is available and I use my Powerhouse 2000i Inverter to charge up my battery. I find I have to do it a little to often then I would like. I am interested in LED lights does anyone have any recommendations on that?
Also I have 3 dogs, yes 3 dogs (2 big, 1 small) I hate having to tie my dogs up as they can get tangled and they are never tied up at home so my question is does anyone have an Idea on how to transport a Dog kennel (chain link fence panels) to my camping area... there are no rules stating that I can not use one so i figure i might as well try. I am thinking about building a bracket for my tahoe roof or try mounting the fence under the RV... has anyone done this before?

If anyone else has any MUST DO mods feel free to let me know as I like to make my life easier!!
We have a 2014 26tbud, DW wanted some selves in the "closet" between the bunks and the fridge. Just to have some extra storage for can goods, etc while at the camp ground. Nothing too heavy that would add alot of extra weight while towing. But they are also removable/adjustable. It was a great idea and they work very well.
thegreatoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 PM   #7

After dealing with the pot and pan drawer never wanting to slide back in under the dinnette i am trying to figure out a better guide and track system. It appears to have nothing.
Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #8

Great article...as I trade my boat in on my 2014 26TBUD this Friday. I thought I wrote this story...lol
Jcop243 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, 26tbud