Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessboy3 View Post
So you drilled straight through both the black board and the wooden backing and then ran the carriage bolts through?
Here's how I mounted my articulated arm mount. Drilled a pilot hole and used 2 1/4" lag bolts.. If you can find a 2" it'd probably work better, its just what I had on hand. Notice I had to use extra washers to "shorten" the bolt so it wouldn't go through to the other side. I wouldn't want to have to drill a hole through it all the way and have ugly bolt ends or nuts sticking through on the finished wood side.

I was honestly a little worried whether the 2 lag bolts would hold a TV securely but it has worked well for me for the past year. I can fully extend the arm and have traveled with the TV mounted and had zero issues with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0398_BURST004.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	36230   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0400_BURST001.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	36231  

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessboy3 View Post
So you drilled straight through both the black board and the wooden backing and then ran the carriage bolts through?
Yes, I did bolt all the way through. The DW is going to get a picture to mont over the nuts on the back side. Like a canvas painting print. I'll post pictures when it is up.

Travel Trailer - 2014 - Salem 26TBUD
Tow Vehicle - 2004 F150 SuperCrew 4X4 Lariat 5.4L
Nights Camped 2014 - 5; Scheduled - 6
sandkreese is offline   Reply With Quote