Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 08:04 PM   #1

2014 Hemisphere 272 RLIS-suspension issues

Noticed recently that all four tires are rubbing on the subfloor, then also noticed that the shackles attached to the equalizer are bottoming out on the frame. Then even scarier discovered the shackles on the passenger side are hitting the propane line that is runs along the frame. Has anyone experienced or noticed this on their rig and how was it resolved? The service dept at my dealer says its out of warranty. Concerned that the propane line will fracture, plus the subfloor will eventually rot.
Steve Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #2

Doesn't anyone have an idea on this? The service dept has had our trl for 6 weeks and only says that FR engineers are still evaluating. I hope you all have crawled under your rigs and inspected your suspension before your 1 year warranty is up or any major damages are encountered. While inspecting, you'd better check out your roof too. I found a screw point about to poke through the membrane. That too isn't covered be either a lapsed 1 year warranty or the 10 year roof fabric warranty. If/when the suspension is fixed I'll post an update.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1450296199.222421.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	96299Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1450296313.806620.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	96300

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-03-2016, 07:45 AM   #3

Just had mine out for a week. Everything is fine. Took a look under as well. Both the middle rockers are level. All looks to be in order. Just put it away yesterday. But I could go and get some pics if you want them.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:48 AM   #4
DDC

This should be reported to "national highway traffic safety administration" as it is a very dangerous safety issue, warranties aside they must be safe to use on the highways and this one and probably many more should be recalled for this defect. If you do not report it then don't complain where no one has the power to order a fix.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #5

Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully this next week I'll get some answers. Lippert Mfg apparently makes the frame and assembled the suspension.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:57 PM   #6
OLD DLR

He is right! Please report! I am retired ford, Gm, dlr and won the NHTA AWARD FOR BEST DLR! they are great and all of us who pull need the help!!!
ALLEND55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #7

Lippert replaced the leaf springs, saying they believed mine were weak, suggesting that possibly the trailer had been overloaded. Unfortunately the shackles still bottom on the frame, and we ran with no fresh water or waste in any holding tanks. We're now waiting for Lippert to decide what the next fix is.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #8
OLD DLR

Seems like original springs too light! Make them put next heavier size on! If not let them know you may report!
Old 03-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #9

I suggested that too, and/or a lift kit that Lippert makes. I think the real problem is that the mounting brackets are too short. Newer trailers have longer brackets.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:47 AM   #10
OLD DLR

good luck!!!!!!!1
Old 05-05-2016, 09:54 PM   #11

Update

After several weeks, the Dlr service mgr indicated that Lippert wasn't going to do anything further and the Dlr Srv dept was too busy to help.
So, after doing some online searching, I found "equa-flex" balancer made by Lippert on etrailer.com. The part gives an additional 1" clearance, which appears to be enough distance so the shackles no longer nick the propane line and also the tires aren't bottoming out. I did a 30 mile test run and all seems good.
Btw, on the test drive I weighed the trl, 7500 with no water, refer food or clothes.
Lipperts claim that the trl was overloaded is not correct. It's just bad engineering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	107011  
Old 05-08-2016, 06:25 AM   #12

Good to see you got it sorted out. Thanks for the follow up. I'll keep this in mind if I have any issues with mine. Time to use it now. Enjoy.

Tags
2014, suspension