Old 07-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadyeyez View Post
I'll try this again......

Attachment 55207

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
when we bought our 27RKSS, the kitchen table top was warped so the dealer replaced it under warranty. I asked them for the old top since they were just going to throw it away... I cut it down and made a 12" fold up extension for my kitchen counter and also cut a small piece for the gap between the bathroom sink and shower... counter space was great before, now it's even better !

Old 07-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh326 View Post
when we bought our 27RKSS, the kitchen table top was warped so the dealer replaced it under warranty. I asked them for the old top since they were just going to throw it away... I cut it down and made a 12" fold up extension for my kitchen counter and also cut a small piece for the gap between the bathroom sink and shower... counter space was great before, now it's even better !
Can you show pictures of the Counter extension please?

Old 07-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgeogull View Post
Can you show pictures of the Counter extension please?
let's see if I can figure out how to post pics... lol.

edit: now that I see these pics I really need to paint those white shelf brackets a brown color. Rustoleum makes an oiled bronze paint I have a can around here somewhere.. one more project for this winter...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	counter 1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	58993   Click image for larger version

Name:	counter 2.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	58994   Click image for larger version

Name:	counter 3.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	58995   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath counter 1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	58996  
Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #34

Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary and Don View Post
We have the same issue with our rear stabilizers. We plan to have them checked at the Frog rally next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
We just returned from a visit to our trailer at the manufacturing plant. Although we did not request the improvement, we were REALLY surprised and blessed to see brand new electric stabilizer jacks on our trailer. The person in charge of our trailer explained and demonstrated how they work. Both jacks go down at the same time, then one pauses while the other continues and then becomes stable, then the other lowers completely.
By the way, we are thrilled with the care and response that the factory representatives have shown us. Our trailer fell apart during it's first trip and came from the dealer with missing components and broken parts. The factory has been amazing with additions and fixing and replacing stuff. And our trailer should be home next week!
Old 07-29-2014, 06:01 PM   #36
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

I like the counter top extension -- slick a reeno
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #37

Thumbs up Skacatz

My wife and I purchased a Salem 27RKSS in the Spring of 2013. Loved the layout better than anything we had seen before. Came with a free option package that included power tongue jack, power awning and power corner jacks. It even has a remote that will control everything but the tongue jack. Have used the trailer quite a few times with no real issues. The only problem we had was the front wall of the slide was bulged out....don't know how that got past inspection but the dealer corrected the issue for us.
The couch/sleeper is not very comfortable at all, but it's just the two of us most of the time so that is not a big problem.
Had a 1500 Suburban with 5.3 engine when we bought the trailer and it was a more than a load on anything other than a flat road. Traded for a 2500 Suburban and I have to say that beast will pull anything. Have loaned both truck and trailer out to my daughter and her husband a couple of times and they really enjoy it too. Hope to keep the Salem into our retirement years.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #38

While the stab jacks may appear to come down at different times, the first to reach the ground will not start to raise the trailer until the second one meets the ground. This also means that these jacks are not meant to level the trailer on to stabilize it. This applies even if you put chocks under the stabs.

Tags
2014, salem