Old 10-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
2014 SALEM hemispher 282RK

I have a winterizing question. I found my water heater bypass behind a drawer in the bedroom dresser. It has 3 valves. 2 blue lines appear to be open , and a red that is closed. I need to know what position these need to be in for winterizing. I plan on blowing out the lines and putting the pink stuff in the drains. I'm leaving it in South Carolina for the winter. Thanks for any help Bill.

BSMURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
Hi Bill,
Turn the 2 blue lines closed, and the red open -- oposite of the position they are in now. Actually, if you're going to blow out the lines and not put antifreeze in the water lines, you can keep it the way it is. Make sure you take our the anode plug to drain any water out of the heater itself. I pop open the pressure relief falve just to make sure there's no pocket of water left in the heater.
Yep, they sure put the heater bypass in an inaccessible place, I have to take my drawers out to get to it. I'm going to antifreeze the whole kit and kaboodle -- Northeast Ohio winters get pretty cold.

Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
Thanks for your help. We are leaving the camper in Myrtle Beach and I needed to know how to do this . I to am from Ohio 35 miles east of Columbus . Newark. Thanks again Bill
BSMURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #4

Name:   bypass.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  7.4 KB
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote

2014, salem