Originally Posted by rambilt
Yeah it say don't go over 1375lbs..
So, from this number - you need to subtract the following things:
- the driver's weight over 150 pounds
- the passenger(s) weight
- pet(s) weight
- anything you've added to the truck after it was built at the factory (bed cover, topper, even minor things like lock attenuator, tail gate assist, DVD player)
- anything in the cab that you carry with you (GPS, tablet devices, pocket books, drinks, snacks, food)
- anything you carry in the truck bed (firewood, coolers, grills, tools, toolbox)
- the fifth wheel hitch itself
What's left over after all of that is your actual available payload for pin weight. As you can see, that number can get eaten up pretty quick.
As a random note and all of our situations are different - when I went to the scales earlier this year, I was pretty surprised that my family of 4, our stuff and hitch all weighed about 1,200 pounds