Old 06-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #1
2015 cruise lite 261bh

Hello all. My wife and I just purchased a new 2015 cruiselite 261bhxl. Not really to impressed with a few things. First I got a TV all mounted and hooked up. Worked fine for 2 days then today the antenna doesn't seem to be powering up. No indicator light when switching it on. Also tried the DVD player. The DVD goes in 3/4 of the way and stops.
Last but not least, Only one speaker works inside. If I slightly press on the volume dial both will work but as soon as I let go the left speaker stops working.I realize this model is entry level but shouldn't everything at the least work?

sweety-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #2
Yes it should work. And I know I would be looking everything over for any more defects and calling my dealer. If you don't have a lot of camping experience or even if you. I would have a friend that may have a camper help me go over it and a make a list

danielabram71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
Sorry to hear that. I got a 2013 221rbxl cruise lite a few weeks ago. My first TT. So far everything works great. I hope you get your issues solved and not have them take away from your experience. Good luck!
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:25 PM   #4
Antennae power may be a fuse and it sounds like the radio is shot. New to campers or not, Something as simple as a disk not loading is pretty basic. You did make sure there wasn't a disk in there already??
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
Yes I did check it. No disc. I am new to the camper world but tend to be pretty good at figuring how things work. I also was thinking a fuse. Not finding anything about the antenna wiring in the manual I called the service number on the forestriver Web site. The guy I spoke with said there is no fuse and to check the connection behind the switch plate. But seeing I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow for the radio/DVD player I didn't want to start taking things apart. Kinda just grinds my gears a little bit seeing I have had it a week and things are going south already.
sweety-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
Salem Cruise Lite Owner
I have the same unit, a 2015, purchased new in 2014. Here is a list of what we found on our shake down cruise:
1. On the tub! The sprayer was not even close to being tight, causing a flood that ran all the way to the bunk in the front. This flood could easily have caused a lot of damage.
2. The tub access panel does not cover the hole in the side wall of the tub. The hole was cut too large. This is gap is over a 1/2 inch and is very long. This is just sloppy.
3. The shower curtain track is not mounted close to the shower head. Water can easily run out. This could be corrected in other units.
4. Had to remount both closet rods next to the bed. Clothes could not be hung because the rods were too close to the door.
5. The dinette table is too close to the window which does not allow the shade to close all the way. This could be corrected in other units.
6. The thermostat is located directly above two heat ducts! Temperatures in the main living area are four degrees cooler when the control calls to shut down the heat.
7. Directed at Forest River only : The light over the dinette is mounted crooked. Can more care be taken to mount the light to parallel the wall?
8. Directed at Forest River only: Our unit does not have the outside kitchen and bumper mounted grill. We don't expect that a extra door be mounted on the outside where the kitchen would be but an entire large storage space, under the double lower bunk goes un-utilized! How about putting a hole in the board under the bunk? As the dinette seat storage works so can the back bunk!!!
Replaced the broken refrigerator access door, replaced the missing bedroom blind and installed piston rods on the queen size bed so my wife doesn't break her back raising the panel.
Forest River only told me they would address the issues at a quality meeting. Oh well...

Bushbunch is offline   Reply With Quote