Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #1

2015 Hemisphere 282rk

Greetings,

Just picked up a new 2015 hemisphere. So far loving it and I guess I have a question we rushed a trade through and I am camping in it right now. But it says I have two grey water tanks on the control panel and I thought the dealer said it has one, it has a black and grey hook up for dumping but three pulls two grey and one black. So I take it this has two grey tanks but is one grey Y'ed into the Black's dump and the other has it's own? It makes sense and explains why there is 64 gal grey capacity as two 32 tanks is 64 gallons...

Thanks mike

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
mbaker5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:20 PM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Hi there, we also have a 2015 282 rk we picked up April 1 and love it too. We've been in it about 5 weeks now.
Yes, tere are 2 grey tanks, one for the kitchen sink and one for the bathroom sink and shower. The valve for the kitchen sink is under the slike near the rear of the unit. The bathroom is indeed connected with the black and grey. Just make sure you only open one of the valves at a time otherwise you may backflush some from one tank into the other. The rear gray tank has it's own connection and valve.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:18 AM   #3

Very common on rigs to have two gray tanks. Usually referred to as the galley tank which is kitchen, gray is shower/bathroom sink, and obviously your black tank. You may still have one sewer hookup like I do for all three or you may have two.
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #4

Thanks very much. I think the only thing I don't like is easily replaced and that's the hard as rocks bed. Day three and I think next weekend there will be a new bed ordered. I went from an r - pod 177 to this and boy is life much better.....thanks again for the assistance.

Mike

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-27-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Congrats on the 282rk!!! It's a great floorplan.
For your bed, we got a Serta gel matress topper (I think at Wally World) for about $85 and that has made the world of difference. Give that a try and I think you'll like it. I just don't like the short matresses. Feet hang over the edge!
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 05-30-2014, 06:00 AM   #6

I suggest you check the hoses for the water supply of the exterior shower. Unscrew the panel under the bathroom vanity. One of mine was kinked. Not fixed yet.
Also don't forget to check the rear panty doors before putting out the slide. If a door opened while towing it will catch in the slide & break the door. It happened to me!! Other than that, I am pleased with the Hemi 282RK. Have fun.
Obrieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #7

Anyone pulling a 282 RK with a half ton? I am and have a lot of sway!
Eltonnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltonnoland View Post
Anyone pulling a 282 RK with a half ton? I am and have a lot of sway!
Do you have "P" or "LT" tires on your truck? Many half tons come from the factory with P (passenger) rated tires. These have soft sidewalls and will amplify any movement of a trailer. Also make sure you have enough tongue weight. A min. of 10% of trailer weight but 12-15% being more the ideal. Would check these 2 things first.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:50 AM   #9

I forgot to mention that I changed to LT tires with a load range E.

Thanks for your reply.
Eltonnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #10

I use a half ton and as long as I keep it at 65 we are good......the furthest I have pulled it is 350 miles and it does Tend to drink a lot more fuel......guzzle is more like it.....
Old 11-11-2014, 12:32 AM   #11

I pull with a half ton on my 282rk, and it pulls fine, it seems to do better with the camper leaning forward a bit and I have no sway at any speed. I sometimes pull it with my 3/4 suburban and it will sway a little. I am going to have to get the hitch set up with a lower pulling height to stop the sway.
Eddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #12

I tow the 282RK with a 2010 Ram 1500. I find the addition of LT tires & Air Ride air bags are important. The air bags go inside the rear vertical suspension springs with the air line routed to the rear bumper where the valve comes thru next to the license plate. I usually add 30 -33 lbs in the bags while towing. installed 4 years ago & still good even through the cold winters here in Newfoundland.
Obrieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:05 PM   #13

Hey on the 282 RK which I pick up at the end of the month,what true size is the mattress so I can buy some sheets before hand,thanks
MOJO782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #14

2015 Hemisphere 282rk

I think it's 6 in. shorter than a normal house queen. But I can't swear to it. I can check tomorrow and let you know if no one else chimes in.

Tim

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlambert View Post
I think it's 6 in. shorter than a normal house queen. But I can't swear to it. I can check tomorrow and let you know if no one else chimes in.

Tim

It's a "short queen" which is like 5 or 6 inches shorter than a regular queen.. Same width
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:34 AM   #16
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Yep, feet hanging over the bed.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
Old 05-02-2015, 11:06 AM   #17

I pulled my 282 with a half ton Toyota I'm glad I spent the extra money and put an equalizer hitch and system on I have no sway in any conditions makes for a nice comfortable ride. It makes for a worry free trip
Mikem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #18

I have been meaning to thank Obieri forThe info on that cabinet doors before I put out the slide made my first pull the door was open and thank you for the information cost me not to have a lot of heart ache
Mikem13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:44 PM   #19

I have a problem getting the shak out of my camper when set up, I just broke the real stableizer, don't know How I did that, it just calasped in the middle on the back right side, billing me about 750, for that, which just went out of warranty. I did not put that much pressure on it, just let it down and when it stopped, I turned it off. Has anybody else had this problem. I put the x chocks on both sides and it still shakes when walking through it. I usually put chocks on the side under the slide to keep it level. Tire pressure is good. I level it pretty well, but shakes.
Eddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:07 AM   #20
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

You will always get some motion on something that's supported by wheels and springs. The stabilizers are just that, they aren't support legs. You don't say if you're on grass, gravel, or pavement.
That being said, here's a couple suggestions.
* Use treated 2x6 blocks under the stabilizers and tongue jack. I know--the lego blocks work, but I put a 2x6 on the ground then use the lego blocks. It distributes the weight better than just the legos and doesn't dig into the ground.

The X chocks can and do help with front to back motion, but not side to side wobble.
* put scissor jacks, one on each side under the frame member, (put this on a 2x6 and also another wood block between the jack and frame). One under the frame where the front of the slide is (by the front grey water discharge handle) and one just in front of the door, under the hall by the bathroom door. These are not expensive and quick to set up and take down. Of course it depends how long you're going to stay and how bad the shake is. I had a pair of old railroad car jacks I got at an auction about 20 years that work great.

* check to make sure that the front weight is borne by the tongue jack and not the front stabilizers.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade