Old 05-27-2015, 08:45 AM   #1
4 MONTHS & Still waiting

2015 Hemisphere 312QBUD Woes

I have a 2015 Hemisphere 312QBUD it was in for repairs the first 5 months I owned it and Forest River will no longer honor their warranty.
Good luck that's all I have to say. My unit looks like they built with scraps. All my outside doors are twisted . I bought mine because I'm a 100 % combat disabled Veteran and sometimes I get a little @$#*** and need to get away. I also was looking forward to going hunting with my kids.
That's not happening. .. Thanks Forest River Rv inc. Another Veteran taken advantage of and $35000. WASTED.

Old 05-28-2015, 12:39 AM   #2

Forest River warranty is awful. Their dealers are awful. Mine spent four of its first 13 months of ownership at the dealer and I still have unresolved issues, to which I'm repairing myself.

Buyer beware. I understand that they endure an earthquake every trip, but I paid for a new unit with a warranty, I feel it should be repaired, and repaired in a reasonable amount of time. I paid my money in good faith, I expect them to hold up their end of the sales agreement.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
4 MONTHS & Still waiting

SKNIGHT, I bought a new Salem Hemisphere 312QBUD travel trailer and Forest River Rv inc called my Authorize Repair shop and told the Owner of the shop just to put it back together and give it back to me. I hadn't seen it in 5 months, ( In the repair shop ) and never used it and it's still not fixed. The repair shop also to me that they will not fix another thing on my Coach. I emailed Forest River Rv and they won't get back with me.
Now I have a $40000.00 lawn ornament. I'm a 100 % combat disabled Veteran and I contacting every Veteran organization that I can and I'm disabled and have nothing but time to have this problem resolved.
I wanted to take my family up to Niagara Falls, N.Y to see my parents and sister. I can't fly because of my disabilities and I can't afford to pay for hotels for a family of five. I can't sit down for long so it was going to take 4 to 5 days to get there.
Keep all you paperwork and text messages don't call Forest River Rv inc. WRITE them and have them sign for it and have it notarized. The company will put words in your mouth if you call them. As a Sergeant First Class of special operations if it's not written down it never happened.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:46 AM   #4
4 MONTHS & Still waiting

S knight , send me a email I'll give you some more information off line. It will help you. GUNHAPPY73@YAHOO.COM
Old 05-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #5
4 MONTHS & Still waiting

That's what I was expecting after 5 months of waiting. Nope Wayne tells my Authorization service center not to fix another thing and give it back.
Now B&E in Ocala Florida do some amazing work. The 20 or 30 thing that was fix looks good except the outdoor kitchen but they were told to stop working on it.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhappy73 View Post
That's what I was expecting after 5 months of waiting. Nope Wayne tells my Authorization service center not to fix another thing and give it back.
Now B&E in Ocala Florida do some amazing work. The 20 or 30 thing that was fix looks good except the outdoor kitchen but they were told to stop working on it.
Based on your previous posts, you bought your trailer new in November and didn't take possession of it until April because it was in for repairs. Now you say they were told to simply stop working on it?

Something sounds off here.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:22 PM   #7
4 MONTHS & Still waiting

Yep, that's it. This is one of many , I mean many problems I still have. This is a small problem. Not to mention my unit run off propane and I gas a leak somewhere. I could post all the pictures but it would take forever to do...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432840730220.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	78359  
Old 05-28-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
Site Team

I just don't understand the reasoning for the shop being told to stop working on it. I've never heard of that before. Especially if you only bought it a few months ago.

Did you put money down for the trailer knowing these multiple problems existed?
Old 05-28-2015, 04:55 PM   #9

Teddy Bear - I am kinda confused on your situation? Did you not do a walk through before signing? If you did why agree to take a unit that had so many problems? Why has FR said to stop working on it? What exactly is wrong with it? Are you currently paying for it even though you have never taken delivery?

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:57 PM   #10

I have a Hemisphere 312QBUD in nearly the same boat. The frame is twisted went to Indiana last for evaluation and repair after I brought my lawyer into the process with the Dealer Service tech who went through service manager, gm to dealership owner. After some words with owner on customer service he is my point of contact for now.

The key was my lawyer. The Lemon laws of the US states repair things such as repair attempts. In this case it is just getting them to step up to the plate. Lemons laws are on the manufacture. There is actually a more powerful legal tool called UCC Article 2. In this law that is universally accepted in most States allows you to with out a lawyer write a letter to the dealer that states they have never delivered a fully cured product and that you can return it. Other details in the letter are needed, but effectively you can return and cancel the sale with full refunds. So the dealer is then invested in the fix or lose the sale and be stuck with it.

This link is a bit over my head in legal jargon and there maybe short forms for just this purpose.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2/article2

It appears we are not clear on the terms your issues nor their responses, but it would seams to me that maybe they are all just baiting you to return it and everyone move on. UCC Article 2 allows you to do just that. Get your money back and order another TT.

And just for reference this same floor plan is available in a dozen brands in Forest River and Keystone. They all list for $32-43K but know you could buy one delivered for less than $28k.

I will have to share the pic I have of the frame twist. I am close to just moving on, but feel stuck in the rut of poor quality and riding it out is the game at the moment.

Good luck!

Texas outdoors by way of a PA farmboy.
ChiefGreedyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote