Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 07:18 PM   #1

2015 Salem Hemisphere 27RLIS

I wanted to start a thread on the 27RLIS and see how everyone likes this model. We took ours out to Myrtle Beach this weekend, and love the floor plan! So far, I have made the following changes:

- Installed Oxygenics Shower Head
- Added some shims to the outdoor kitchen fridge. It was not clearing the opening when full of beverages
- Replaced the TV. Ours was damaged during transport. Not sure the mounting in the entertainment center makes the most sense, even when locked in position.
- Repaired curtain holder behind the recliners. Apparently there was not enough clearance when reclining completely.
- Added X-Chock X-Tended to help minimize the motion when walking around in side.

Overall, we love this TT and look forward to many years of use!
Old 09-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #2

We just picked up or 2016 Thursday before Labor day. Used it for that weekend and absolutely love it. We are heading out again this weekend. I did purchase Anderson levelers and x-chocks. This will be the 1st time using them. Added a spice rack for dw and replaced all the bulbs inside with led's. Only problem we have had is on day we were leaving the campground dw called me into bedroom and found a small puddle in front of dresser. Looks li n e the bathroom sink drain might have a small leak. I will be looking into it today or tomorrow when I have time. I have been camping for a little over a year now about 2 times a month but since we got the new one, I feel like a little kid that can't wait to get back camping again. Happy Camping.
palidin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:39 PM   #3

if you have a shower caulk between the shower floor and the metal it likely is not caulked also change screws in the shower to stainless steel ones from the hardware store they will rust and put spots on the shower.. also if you have an outside kitchen get something and cover under the outside sink if you put your hand up in there you can feel linoleum. If you tow in the rain the splatter goes in and runs out under your walls i thought the slides were leaking and discovered this...check where your furnace is there are large holes cut on both sides hot outside air comes in.. I took carryout grocery bags and tied shut put in the hole and filled with spray foam that way if you ever have to remove you can break it up because it's in the bag....I think the same is true behind the hot water heater as well. Look by the slide outs near the tires you will see plywood painted black I took flex seal and went all under the sides where I could see any plywood...just a few little things I found I thought may prolong the life a little bit. Happy camping....
RaystownRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #4

Just ordered ours today, 6-10 weeks till we see it. Will post then, until then hope all good posts continue.
john5646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdbrady View Post
.... Added X-Chock X-Tended to help minimize the motion when walking around in side.
Did you get one or two? We are thinking about getting them.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:55 AM   #6
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverDennis View Post
Did you get one or two? We are thinking about getting them.
We got em for our Hemi 282 and they help alot.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #7

RLIS

I got 2 of the extended X-chocks. I used them for the 1st time this past weekend. Boy what a difference. They work great. I do need to support my steps but for now these work really good. Now for the Anderson Levelers I have, I will tell you, they do not work in the mud. I tried but every time I tried to pull forward onto them, they would just scoot along in the mud. I ended up using my old orange pads. I'm not giving up on them. Hopefully when we head to Manatee Springs in 3 weeks, I will have better results.
palidin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:39 PM   #8

I love the extended x-chocks! Made a huge difference with the stability. Now I am trying to figure out how to support it side to side. Still feel a lot os movement when walking around.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #9
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdbrady View Post
I love the extended x-chocks! Made a huge difference with the stability. Now I am trying to figure out how to support it side to side. Still feel a lot os movement when walking around.
In addition to the X-chocks, I put jacks under each side of the frame, one just in front of the entry door, and the other on the opposite side at the front of the slide. I had a pair of old railroad car jacks bought at an auction about 20 years ago, but others have used heavy duty scissors or bottle jacks to do the same. Solid as a rock now!
Make sure you put some solid pressure treated 2x6 or 2x8 pieces between the jacks and the frame and the ground.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem