Old 07-07-2018, 10:12 PM   #1

2016 Salem Hemisphere water leak

We purchased a new Salem Hemisphere travel trailer in November of 2015. This past week while on a trip, I noticed a soft spot in the floor next to the wall and also that the wall paper close to the floor was a little rumpled.

After ruling out a roof leak, I discovered that the hole where the power awning wires go through the fiberglass wall was never caulked. It is about 1 foot up the side of the camper. Apparently, water has been slowing leaking into that hole since I got the camper.

While I have not yet pulled back the vinyl flooring to see, the damage doesn't appear to be that extensive, but will definitely take some work and $$ to repair.

This is extremely frustrating to me in that I do a pretty good job of checking the seals regularly, but this is not something I would have ever thought to check. And of course, the damage has not shown up until my camper is out of warranty. In my opinion, this is damage due to a manufacturing/installation defect.

I would hope that Forest River would accept responsibility on this 2 1/2 year old camper. I have not yet contacted them.

Any comments/suggestions?

retire057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #2

Can you post a pic?
runner48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, salem, water, water leak