Old 07-30-2016, 07:17 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbunch View Post
Check the bushbunch posts on this thread
Thanks. I'm the one who originally gave info to the OP for his problem and I'm glad you have been helped. I guess I should have known the lower panel would start peeling as well. I'll contact Forest River Monday to see what they'll do to replace it.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpep View Post
If it is not a known issue can it be a wax or soap or something that created this ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally have not put any wax on the nosecone area, so am assuming that it is not from wax.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles39 View Post
I personally have not put any wax on the nosecone area, so am assuming that it is not from wax.
Me too. I wash our trailer once or twice a year using Gel-Gloss Wash and Wax. It says it's for all fiberglass and metal surfaces. I rinse everything thoroughly and wipe dry where I can reach. I wouldn't think this would affect the paint.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:30 AM   #24
Salem Cruise Lite Owner

Salem Cruise Lite Peeling

The term "known issue" is from my dealer who, including myself, must have repaired seven or eight trailers with the peeling issue. The fact that FR paid for the repair, parts and labor (and I'm very grateful btw), one year out of warranty, proves to me that there is nothing I did or could have done, that would have prevented the peeling. Everything. including decals, from the roof to the bottom was replaced, resealed and pressure checked.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbunch View Post
The term "known issue" is from my dealer who, including myself, must have repaired seven or eight trailers with the peeling issue. The fact that FR paid for the repair, parts and labor (and I'm very grateful btw), one year out of warranty, proves to me that there is nothing I did or could have done, that would have prevented the peeling. Everything. including decals, from the roof to the bottom was replaced, resealed and pressure checked.
My feelings as well. I just got approval from FR this morning to contact our dealer and have them submit estimates. Sounds like they'll take care of it. Thanks for you input.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:04 PM   #26

Update

I was notified today, by our dealer, that Forest River will cover the cost of replacement of the lower panel and other related parts and decals. Don't know how long that'll be, but I'll keep you updated. I must say they've been good to work with given the trailer is out of warranty.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #27

peeling paint

Yes Miles39, We have the same problem with our 2016 Salem 29RKSS. I am just in the process of contacting Forest River myself. Did you deal with Jeff Mc Michael ?

Tags
salem