Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #1

Question 2018/19 salem hemisphere

morning,

my husband travels a lot with his work and his company is buying him an rv to save expenses on renting houses, apt's or extended stay hotels. we have a budget and an idea of what we're looking for in an rv. my hubs likes the 5th wheels best and we are looking at a couple of forest river salem hemisphere 337 bar. one is a 2018 and one a 2019. can anyone give me any idea of the pro's and cons of each and maybe what the differences are in the different year models. i know most companies make little changes from year to year as they learn more about their products. also, do any of you have a lot of trouble with your forest river or are they basically pretty well built? thanks in advance for any quidance you can offer.
graycat358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:58 PM   #2

Pay attention to the build date not the year. If there builds dates a somewhat close chances are they are identical. From my experience, the RV industry doesn't have "change over" like the auto industry. For example, many times you will find that an early build 2019 is exactly the same as a 2018. If you're concerned about resale then get the newer year, if not the it wouldn't matter.
lewisra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:55 AM   #3

We ordered our new 286RL 5th wheel at the beginning of March and it was delivered in the middle of April of this year. It's listed as a 2019 but it's identical to the 2018 model. The only difference in the two model years was the price. Fortunately we negotiated price based on the 2018 model we originally wanted to buy but couldn't because it was already sold. So when ours came in at the higher price point, the dealer ate that markup.
RobH063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:32 AM   #4

Thank y'all for your input. We went with the 2018 as the final price was better and we didn't find many differences except the material on the sofa/recliners but the hubs liked the 2018 better. He's only been in it a week so far but he's loving it. Compared to the little couples trailer he had this seems like the rv version of a house rather than a studio apt. I think he's going to be very happy in it and he has access to this forum for any questions he has or help he needs with issues that may come up. Going this route is also saving the company a lot of money in renting extended stay suites, apt's, or houses. It will pay for itself in a couple of years and it's his space with his things. Not having to share space with who knows who is worth a LOT!!

Thanks again
graycat358 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem