Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2019, 01:09 PM   #1

201BHXL-Kitchen wate rpressure and Low Awning

Hello,

We just purchased a used 2018 201BHXL. Everything for the most part is good except for:

1. Water pressure in the kitchen sink is very low-only comes out as a trickle. Water pump and water heater are on. Any reason for this or is this a design flaw?

2. Awning comes down very low when fully extended-Is there any way to raise it?

Thanks in advance.
AlyssaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:16 PM   #2

1. if water flow at all other points of use is good, you have trash in screen at faucet. Assume it is Hot and Cold right? Check screen.

2. Not sure I understand question? but think the only answer is dont roll it out as far.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaB View Post
2. Awning comes down very low when fully extended-Is there any way to raise it?
Sounds like the knobs to hold the awning down are tightened (they should be loose unless you are trying to get the awning to be down further once extended), or the struts that hold it up are unable to hold it up. If the struts are going bad it should be a fairly easy and cheap fix to replace them.
KP80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaldwin View Post
1. if water flow at all other points of use is good, you have trash in screen at faucet. Assume it is Hot and Cold right? Check screen.

2. Not sure I understand question? but think the only answer is dont roll it out as far.

OMG...THANK YOU! I actually found the screen-the line of where it attaches tot he faucet head was barely visible-took it off and yep, there was trash in there. What a difference!
Old 09-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #5

Mine is almost flat when I first extend it out, 2020 201BHXL and I found a video that might help explain what strut I'm referring to:

What I meant by 'holding up' was referring to the struts literally not being able to hold the arms out straight anymore. Hopefully the video gives you a good comparison to what kind of pitch it normally sits at.
KP80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP80 View Post
Sounds like the knobs to hold the awning down are tightened (they should be loose unless you are trying to get the awning to be down further once extended), or the struts that hold it up are unable to hold it up. If the struts are going bad it should be a fairly easy and cheap fix to replace them.

Thank you-The struts seem fine, I think it might just be that its built lower and we aren't short. I will loosen the knobs though-they were tightened.
Old 09-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Hello and thank you for your quick reply!

1. Yes, water pressure is great in all other areas. Where do I find the "screen"? Is it in the faucet?

2. Yes, that is the obvious answer, but we lose about a foot of extension out from the trailer that we would rather not lose. It might just be the way its built and neither of us are short so it seems low
Yes,, in faucet......

Most awnings have a tension knob so that you lower one side or the other after extending the awning. this is to direct water to run off in one direction. I dont think the awning would be working properly if these knobs are tightened in the lower position but you might check and try to loosen them. If they are in the tightened and lowered position.... the awning will pop up a bit when you loosen them. I think they have to be loose though for the awning to work.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #8
3boxerss

WE have the 2017 model... The awning is a little low for my 6'1" son..I think the little flap on the edge rubs the top of his head..It has no Knobs that others are speaking of.. To tilt the awning you pull down on the small bracing arms
Just remember to push them back up before rolling awning in..

Previous Campers
2017 FR Wildwood 201 BHXL
2001 Traillite Bantam B19
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:13 PM   #9

The knobs we speak of lock the awning in tilted position. You do pull bracing arm down, then tighten knob to hold that side in lower position.
Old 09-18-2019, 02:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boxerss View Post
WE have the 2017 model... The awning is a little low for my 6'1" son..I think the little flap on the edge rubs the top of his head..It has no Knobs that others are speaking of.. To tilt the awning you pull down on the small bracing arms
Just remember to push them back up before rolling awning in..
What he said, I have a 2017. If the small brace arms are straight, that's as high as your going to get. There is an allen screw you can tighten and loosen on the joint of the small brace to adjust the stiffness of it.

It is the perfect height for me, I'm vertically challenged!
BayouCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:37 PM   #11

Water pressure & Awning

If pressure is good at other outlets clean the screen at end of spigots. Awning: there a several good YouTube videos on the subject.

Good luck.
RVPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #12

Water filter at fresh water hookup outside

Quote:
OMG...THANK YOU! I actually found the screen-the line of where it attaches tot he faucet head was barely visible-took it off and yep, there was trash in there. What a difference!

To give you better tasting water and to filter out the things that clog your water hookup screen and faucets screen.

Happy camping
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:26 PM   #13

I think people are getting mixed up is it a power awning or a manual one. Mine has the power awning and on the two arms that the gas shocks attack to are Allen head bolts you can tighten these to adjust the angle of the awning. Mine is low as well when fully extended I’m 6´3 and depending on how level the ground is I can rub my head when the awning is out. I’ve also walked into the awning bars a few times at night. Did one good head wound when I bent down to get something and stood up into the bolt I was talking about. Bled for an hour!
AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat View Post
I think people are getting mixed up is it a power awning or a manual one. Mine has the power awning and on the two arms that the gas shocks attack to are Allen head bolts you can tighten these to adjust the angle of the awning. Mine is low as well when fully extended I’m 6´3 and depending on how level the ground is I can rub my head when the awning is out. I’ve also walked into the awning bars a few times at night. Did one good head wound when I bent down to get something and stood up into the bolt I was talking about. Bled for an hour!
This is what he has.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0323191457_HDR1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	296.7 KB
ID:	215785
BayouCamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, pressure