Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2018, 03:39 PM   #1

201BHXL Wiring Schematic

I'm a Master Electrician and I want to wire in an inverter into my system. Does anybody know where I can obtain a wiring schematic?
Keith3679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith3679 View Post
I'm a Master Electrician and I want to wire in an inverter into my system. Does anybody know where I can obtain a wiring schematic?
Aint gonna happen. Your own your own with that. No diagrams to be had. from another master electrician
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:50 PM   #3

That's unfortunate. I'm wondering how the current battery is hooked in. Is the 7 pin battery wire from the vehicle connected directly to the battery or does it go to the panel? Is converter tied in parallel to the DC power from the vehicle?
Old 05-31-2018, 04:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith3679 View Post
That's unfortunate. I'm wondering how the current battery is hooked in. Is the 7 pin battery wire from the vehicle connected directly to the battery or does it go to the panel? Is converter tied in parallel to the DC power from the vehicle?
I don't know much about the 7 pin connector. 7 pin should be connected straight to the battery. Mine is on a permanent site. Had it delivered and the 7 pin connection never interested my attention. The converter has 2 large wire connections to the battery and to the fuse panel section. Usually a combined unit. Remember, 30 amp shore power is 30 amp 120 volt. The 50 amp is 240 volt but its the main breaker in the middle of the panel L1 to the left L2 to the right. Can't access 240 volts. 30 amp main is on 1 end. The converter has two 40a reverse polarity DC fuses for protection.

How much to you intend to invert?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

Your inverter should be wired directly through an appropriately sized fuse to your battery bank with as short a run as you can manage.

Also use a wire size large enough to handle the large current demand of your inverter.

To answer your existing wiring question, the battery wire from the umbilical connection box goes through at least one a resettable current limiter, sometimes two on the way to your battery.

In most 5th wheels there is one right near the umbilical box to protect the camper from a short at the umbilical and another near the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper Photos 003.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	175228   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5737.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	175229  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
Happy camping!

Forget trying to get info out of FOREST RIVER. They are the most uncooperative company I have ever dealt with. You would think that a company rep would follow these forums and chime in with answers or information from time to time but, they don't.

On my 2018 201BHXL, there is a distribution point for the battery to the rest of the chassis just behind the front apron. I found it because the battery wire FELL OUT of the crimped connector. so did the power to house wire. Check those while you are investigating.

Oz
OzzieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:39 PM   #7

You can't get a schematic but maybe this picture will help. This would be the typical wiring situation in a camper made by any company.

RobH063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #8

Na, wasn't nearly that bad. I dug into the panel and found everything I needed behind there. I puled the 30 A rubber cord out and ran that into a 30 A automatic transfer switch which will automatically switch to the inverter when shore power is unplugged. I wired a second Deep Cycle battery into to the panel where the converter is connected. My inverter is 400 W so it is enough to power all the 120 outlets, TV, DVD, and Refridge on electric. Best of all, I can power the Refridge on electric while I'm towing! Power from the inverter draws from the 30 A DC circuit on my truck. Simple wiring for any Engineer! If you want to know more, let me know.

Tags
wiring