Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2015, 05:18 PM   #1

22rbxl has landed

Hello everybody, I just took delivery on my new trailer today. 2013 22 RBXL Salem cruise light. Just had a question. I noticed on the trip home while traveling slow, starting, and backing up it made a tremendous amount of noise. Creaking, groaning squawking. I guess I am just looking for some reassurance, is this normal? Where the noises coming from? I assume the suspension. Other than that the only bad experience so far was backing it up, I live on a rather busy street. I had to back into my narrow driveway l, and it was beyond difficult. I finally got it in there. I guess I'm going to have to practice backing it up. This is my first TT and the first time I have trailered anything. If you have any quick tips on backing up let me know l. I know there's tons of stuff on YouTube but if you have any personal Tricks let me know. Have a great weekend everybody!!
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:42 PM   #2

Put your hand at the bottom of your steering wheel (6 o'clock ) and move your hand in the direction you want the back of the trailer to go. This and don't get to aggressive with your steering wheel corrections, otherwise the trailer will go from one side and swing to the opposite direction before you know it. Patience, patience, patience. Find a parking lot that is empty on a Sunday and practice backing into some spots. It pays off and there is less potential for any damage

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Kdz300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:07 AM   #3

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the tips. I guess it just takes practice. I just went for it on the first try. I failed fast. Cars started backing up on the road and I got flustered. Thanks for the tips.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #4

That happens, been there.. Just take your time, they can wait. Spend that time practicing and you will get the hang of it

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Kdz300 is offline   Reply With Quote