Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2016, 11:54 PM   #1

282RK table and chairs

We bought a 282RK in the summer of 2014. It worked great for my wife, daughter and myself. In April my niece came to live with us and the set up with the table and chairs is not working for us. We are using a blow up twin mattress for her.
Was the table and chair option more common, or did most come with the dinette set?
I would like to go with the dinette because it would fit our needs better now.
Would the dealership help me out with this, and does anyone know the price I would have to pay?
Would anyone rather have the table and chairs?

Thanks
Frank Kelley
kelley15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
Site Team

If you're handy, you'd be better off going to a dealership with a tape measure and your phone camera, & measuring a few dinettes and building one yourself.

The dealer should be able to order any specialty items (cabinet/drawer doors, handles, etc.) and maybe some paneling if you can't match the color elsewhere.

You should be able to buy foam and fabric and make your own cushions. Probably better than the factory cushions.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:57 AM   #3

Kelly 15,I would first take your niece to a Salem Dealership and let her try Laying in a Model like yours with the Dinette! These Don't fit everyone! I have also seen "Trades" listed on here FRF like you want,but unless Members are located very close the Switch is Not Easy! Youroo!!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:21 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. My niece is 21 and she is pretty small 5' @100lbs,
I think the dinette would work fine. We could add memory foam as well.

I have been lurking on here for a while, but have never asked any questions. I have already ordered the adjustable a/c vents that I learned about from you guys.
Thanks for the help. Maybe someone would be up for some kind of trade. We are going on a one week trip for Christmas. I think I will just remove the table and chairs for more room.
kelley15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #5

Hi Frank,

I bought a 282RK in 2014 and wanted the dinette. It arrived with the table and chairs so my dealer ordered the dinette and swapped it out for me. I'm guessing the opposite may have happened where it was shipped with a dinette and the customer wanted the table and chairs. You might have some luck contacting a few dealers and asking if they have one in their shop.

A high-volume dealer such as Jeff Couch RV Nation in Ohio may be more likely to have one. Also floor plans haven't changed much on the 282RK so you could likely get one from a different year and it would fit. Fabric color could be a different issue.

Good Luck
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley15 View Post
We bought a 282RK in the summer of 2014. It worked great for my wife, daughter and myself. In April my niece came to live with us and the set up with the table and chairs is not working for us. We are using a blow up twin mattress for her.
Was the table and chair option more common, or did most come with the dinette set?
I would like to go with the dinette because it would fit our needs better now.
Would the dealership help me out with this, and does anyone know the price I would have to pay?
Would anyone rather have the table and chairs?

Thanks
Frank Kelley
Lowes48fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote