Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2018, 06:28 AM   #1

32bhds tv mounting

Wife and I bought 2018 32bhds last September. We’re getting it ready to take it out on its maiden voyage. I mounted a tv in the living room area pretty easily. There was 3/4 plywood backer to screw into. Now that I’m trying to mount a tv in the bunkhouse area under one of the bunks where the dealer told us you could mount one it acts like there is no plywood backer board. I’m using the same 3/4 screws I used on the living room tv and their not hitting anything solid. Anyone have any experience mounting a tv in the bunk area? Don’t really want to switch to longer screws and then punch thru to the outdoor kitchen.
dustin2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin2004 View Post
Wife and I bought 2018 32bhds last September. We’re getting it ready to take it out on its maiden voyage. I mounted a tv in the living room area pretty easily. There was 3/4 plywood backer to screw into. Now that I’m trying to mount a tv in the bunkhouse area under one of the bunks where the dealer told us you could mount one it acts like there is no plywood backer board. I’m using the same 3/4 screws I used on the living room tv and their not hitting anything solid. Anyone have any experience mounting a tv in the bunk area? Don’t really want to switch to longer screws and then punch thru to the outdoor kitchen.
go to HD and purchase a stud finder.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #3

For those wondering. The stud finder didn’t help. I couldn’t find any studs. I ended up putting in a 1x4 from one side nailer to the other and then mounting the tv mount to that.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:04 AM   #4

I had the same problem. Similar to what you mentioned, I put in a 1x4 piece of wood vertically, down the center because I used a mounting bracket/arm and it needs to be oriented UP and DOWN. So I put in a "stud" then mounted the bracket to this piece of wood. So far, its working just fine.
jwohlfeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:13 AM   #5

What size TV fits and can you show us some pics of the fix?
firedawg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #6

We just have a 19” or 21” w built in DVD player back there. I’d say a person could go bigger. I’ll get some pictures tonight.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
Carknocker Family

We left the stand on our TV. It had holes in the base. We ran the screws down into the shelf it rides on. Been there for 5 years now.
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 06:05 AM   #8

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0361.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	182397

Here’s how I mounted ours.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:00 AM   #9

I know it's a little late, but, for posterity, when scanning with a stud finder in an RV, scan in both directions. Some walls may have a 1x horizontal stiffener behind them rather than vertical studs.

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount