Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #1

Adding a No Fuss Flush?

Need some opinions. We just purchased our 241QBXL and before we take it out I was considering installing a no fuss flush. The question I have is where. Our salem has a shallow blackwater tank that extends the width of the TT. The tank is to close the the trailer frame to get it on the opposite side of the dump pipe.

Do you think it's necessary to have the flush or would one of the external back flush valves be sufficient? Before we head out I'm going to do the Geo method to the tank. Here's a bad pick of the tank and how close it is to the frame.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170613_105558.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	141234  
Bwood BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:16 AM   #2

I installed a tornado flush nozzle in the side of our last trailer, it worked with no problems and did a good job of flushing and cleaning the black tank.
brianre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:58 AM   #3

Some where there is a link to vedios testing sewer connection mounted back flush systems. The result was very poor performance if there is a straight path to the tank from the flusher and almost totally useless if you have even 1 45 degree elbow between the flusher and the tank. If I had no factory black tank flush, I would drop the tank and install one at the end opposite the drain pipe. If there is no room there,mount it on the side as far from the drain pipe as possible. I'm told that the wands that go down the toilet and spin work good but a pain to use. Please let us know what you do. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #4

Used a ratchet and hole saw to cut mine in the end of the tank cause a drill wouldn't fit. Works great.

TN_Cruise_Lite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flush