Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #1

Anyone own a Salem Cruise Lite FS 174BH?

I am looking at the model that has the bench on one end and not the queen bed. Does anyone know if the bench slides out into a bed? I can't remember from when I visited the dealer.
Jacetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Site Team

I'm not fully understanding what you are referring to. Are you saying the model you are interested does not have a queen bed but that it has some type of bench instead?

I didn't see anything like this when I checked the CL units on the FR website.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #3

Location: West, Texas (the town, not the western part of the state)
I recently purchased the 174BH and it has the bench that 'slides' out to make a fairly comfortable bed.

The fresh water tank is under the structure. The bench/bed structure is pretty lame and I can see it falling apart with a lot of use and we discussed it with the salesman.

We left the dealership and went straight to a nearby state park for a week and found that we liked leaving it as the bed rather than changing it back and forth. Even extended there is room to sit on it behind the dinette with a table tray in front of you.

Although the idea was good, it is built with very small pieces of wood and osb and I expect it to fall apart with use so by then I"ll have found a couch or futon to take its place that will work around the water tank.

I'm still very glad we choose this over the 195 with the bed by the door, this feels like a lot more usable space.
kralspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salem