Old 03-25-2016, 06:39 AM   #21
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH0348 View Post
I have one for sale, two years old, had it on our 5er, worked great, you need to replace the batteries like every three months. Won't fit on our MH.
Do you have any details on the lock? We might be interested if it would fit our Rockwood Windjammer. Not sure how I could tell that? We have friends meet us at our camper and often have to hide a key for them to let themselves in. This would be much safer.
Please send me a PM if you are interested in selling your lock and I can determine of our will fit. Thanks!

2016 camping: Lost count, but never enough.
2017 reservations made!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlar_Adventures View Post
He's looking at them to decide; he's been busy at work and hasn't gotten to research them further

2016 Forest River Salem 30KQBSS
Thanks anyway. I went ahead and pulled the plug and ordered the 4.0 version with the Keypad integrated.

2007 Dodge 2500 CDT QCSB/Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500lb WDH, Maxxis 8008 225 x 75 x15 LR E tires/J T Strongarms
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 10:46 AM   #23

Sorry, so late. The 4.0 lock went in in 13 min. I ordered the compartment latches and a mechanical lock. Also you can have all the locks keyed the same no charge. Will let you know how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Plug32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #24

I'm interested in these but DH is worried about the batteries dieing and we are locked out at a campground. Has this been a big issue?
Old 03-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #25

There's 2 different sizes for the Bauer. I was going to have it installed at CW, thank god they had only the small one in stock the day I brought my RV in. They were charging me $160 to install. I ordered the larger one from CW on line and installed it myself. Piece of cake. Much better than using 2 keys to open door, but always carry the key with you because you never know when the batteries are going to die.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:14 PM   #26

Daybreak,

You still have keys along with the keyless entry on the RVLOCKS LLC. also when the batteries get low, it beeps to let you know to change them.. Change the batteries without opening the door. do it from inside the coach.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:17 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
I'm interested in these but DH is worried about the batteries dieing and we are locked out at a campground. Has this been a big issue?

I've hidden a key outside and keep the second one in my truck. I haven't carried camper keys anywhere since getting this door lock in mid-Feb and it is WONDERFUL!
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #28

Hide a key

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
Put a key outside some were and it's no problem. We have done this for years so our kids could get in if we were gone (we full time) on vacation, we are on a permanent lot.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #29

Thank God My wife was out of town!!! Well the RVLocks for the compartment/basement is not compatible with my compartment latch. Soooo, I cant believe I am saying this. I enlarged the hole to make it compatible. A little modification and it's factory new. I aint gonna lie, there was a couple times I was sick, but it all worked perfect. And no I am not saying anything to the Mrs....
Old 05-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #30

Batteries in the keyless entry mechanism? I figured it worked off the TT battery.

I have a '13 Heritage Glen and the factory keyless entry mechanism works sporadically.
I had the unit out of the door, but its sealed in the back and I didn't notice any other power source hidden away in the door cavity.

Tags
camper, door, upgrade, lock