Old 11-28-2014, 05:14 PM   #1

Axle or suspension causing uneven tire wear, Salem Cruise Lite 185rb

Ughhhhhhhhhh, bigger problems now. Got three Maxxis M8008 radials to replace the crappy Vail Sport bias tires that came with my '14 Salem Cruise Lite, but, when I pulled the Vails off the trailer, I noticed extreme wear on the insides of both tires, and the left tire seemed to have some extra wear on its outside also. Since the trailer is still under warranty , I called my local Camping World (bought the trailer at Camping World Panama City, Fla. last Jan.) These tires have about 1700 miles on them. I had almost nothing in the trailer for all of those miles, so, couldn't possibly be an overloading issue......I travel alone and with very little or no water in the tanks . The Camping World service manager can't look at my trailer til Dec. 8, ugh, scheduled to leave for Fla. day after Christmas. I'm stressing big time. Axle or suspension issue ? Any thoughts guys ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1577.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	365.7 KB
ID:	66919   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_1580.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	66920  

Old 11-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #2
Done with this

Looks like axle alignment issues.

I'm a little too truthful, I guess.
Y'all have fun in "Fantasy Land".
4mula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #3

I had that problem and I took my RV to a truck alignment shop. They heated and realigned the axles. They used lasers to insure accuracy. I watched the whole process and it was very professionally done. In Orlando I would recommend JOSAM.
2015 - 91
2016 - 171
2017 - 107
Blaster 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1fan View Post
Looks like axle alignment issues.
Not sure what that is ? Quick fix ?
Old 11-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster 84 View Post
I had that problem and I took my RV to a truck alignment shop. They heated and realigned the axles. They used lasers to insure accuracy. I watched the whole process and it was very professionally done. In Orlando I would recommend JOSAM.
I'm in Mass........trailer is still under warranty, so, ..hopefully Camping World can fix the issue.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:36 PM   #6

Don't waste your time or money at a RV dealer. They don't have the expertise or equipment to do a proper 3 axis alignment. First off they'll tell you that you hit a curb and knocked the alignment out..quite possibly the truth. Next they'll tell you it's not covered by the warranty and sell you a new axle which may or may not be straight from the manufacturer. Save some time and agony by going to a big truck alignment shop and have it aligned there correctly. The cost will be under $200.00 and it will be done correctly..I don't think Camping World can fix anything correctly.....
Old 11-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #7

I think I agree with you about Camping World, sadly, ughhhh.......
Old 11-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
Don't waste your time or money at a RV dealer. They don't have the expertise or equipment to do a proper 3 axis alignment. First off they'll tell you that you hit a curb and knocked the alignment out..quite possibly the truth. Next they'll tell you it's not covered by the warranty and sell you a new axle which may or may not be straight from the manufacturer. Save some time and agony by going to a big truck alignment shop and have it aligned there correctly. The cost will be under $200.00 and it will be done correctly..I don't think Camping World can fix anything correctly.....
I think I am going to follow your advice, now to find a big truck alignment shop in my area. Thanks for the straight advice, makes a lot of sense.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #9

Jack up tire and see if wheel bearings is loosen up. Easy fix and have seen it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpipeliner View Post
Jack up tire and see if wheel bearings is loosen up. Easy fix and have seen it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Trailer is with Camping WOrld now to fix, as its under warranty........but, will talk to them monday to make sure they have checked bearings. Thanks !

Tags
axle, salem, suspension, tire