Originally Posted by salsa2me
I have an Hemisphere 368 RLBH (2015) new... I connected the water hose to the black tank flush system and notice that no water was going in... and the flushing system was not working properly. I took it to the dealer and they claim that this is normal... they change the check valve and still I feel nothing is going in.... they also claim that is low pressure system and that's why a little water is coming out.... for me that sound BS.
any help out there for my issue...
You could have a toilet paper block at your outlet of the dump tube. I have had this happen more than once with all of my trailers. In talking to other campers and learning on how to keep the tank clean and the gages working I have developed a system for dumping. My system is:
1. Install a Clear Flush King Elbow either straight or 45 Deg off set ( I have both)
2. Open black tank dump valve and let this drain.
3. Fill up a 5 gallon bucket fresh water and dump down toilet bowl. You will need to dump between four and five buckets. DW does the toilet bowl flushing as I fill and watch the clear elbow.
4. Hook up the black tank flush and flush as the water is being dumped.
5. When the elbow runs clear water from the black tank you are done. Shut off the flushing water; let tank drain and than close the dumping valve.
6. Open and drain the gray tanks closing valves when completed. Gages work and the tanks are now empty.
I have been doing this for at least 10 years now and I do not have any issues with my tank gages nor a poorly draining black tank.