Old 04-24-2015, 08:41 AM   #1

black tank flush

I have an Hemisphere 368 RLBH (2015) new... I connected the water hose to the black tank flush system and notice that no water was going in... and the flushing system was not working properly. I took it to the dealer and they claim that this is normal... they change the check valve and still I feel nothing is going in.... they also claim that is low pressure system and that's why a little water is coming out.... for me that sound BS.

any help out there for my issue...

Old 04-24-2015, 08:55 AM   #2

That sounds like BS to me to. I don't have an enclosed belly so when I turn mine on I can hear the water hitting the sides of the tank. The amount of water coming out is almost the same a 3/4 open hose.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:06 AM   #3

I do have an enclosed belly and I can still hear the water spraying (strong spray too) as I clean the black tank. I have had several RV's, including 2 DP'ers that I also clearly heard the black water spray.
The water coming from the tank during the spraying process will not look like a lot as it's going into the tank in a 5/8 or 3/4" hose and exiting in a 4" dump hose so take this into consideration.
Do you have a clear elbow on your drain hose. If so, the water should slowly clear up during the "spraying process" in a few minutes. This is another check to see if your spraying system is functioning!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa2me View Post
I have an Hemisphere 368 RLBH (2015) new... I connected the water hose to the black tank flush system and notice that no water was going in... and the flushing system was not working properly. I took it to the dealer and they claim that this is normal... they change the check valve and still I feel nothing is going in.... they also claim that is low pressure system and that's why a little water is coming out.... for me that sound BS.

You could have a toilet paper block at your outlet of the dump tube. I have had this happen more than once with all of my trailers. In talking to other campers and learning on how to keep the tank clean and the gages working I have developed a system for dumping. My system is:

1. Install a Clear Flush King Elbow either straight or 45 Deg off set ( I have both)

2. Open black tank dump valve and let this drain.

3. Fill up a 5 gallon bucket fresh water and dump down toilet bowl. You will need to dump between four and five buckets. DW does the toilet bowl flushing as I fill and watch the clear elbow.

4. Hook up the black tank flush and flush as the water is being dumped.

5. When the elbow runs clear water from the black tank you are done. Shut off the flushing water; let tank drain and than close the dumping valve.

6. Open and drain the gray tanks closing valves when completed. Gages work and the tanks are now empty.

I have been doing this for at least 10 years now and I do not have any issues with my tank gages nor a poorly draining black tank.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #5

Quote:

Sounds like the (Dealership?) has hired a BS Press Secretary! They don't have a Clue! Youroo!!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:30 AM   #6

Easiest way to tell is put a clear elbow on the drain and see if water is coming out. That way you know for sure if your black tank flush is working. You can also lift the end of the sewer hose and see if water continues to come out while flushing. Although the clear elbow method is less smelly.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:53 PM   #7
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:

Sounds like more S than just plain old BS
Our Hemi 282RK you can hear the jets swirling when you put the black tank flush on. Your case is NOT NORMAL. When you have the tank flush on, you can open up the toilet trap in the bathroom and hear the jets.
There may be a crimp in the line but you won't know that unless you take the underbelly covering off. Sounds like a warranty issue to me.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #8
Tyler & Connie Foxx

We have a 2014 Salem Hemisphere Bh300, with a sealed underbelly! When we turn that Black Tank rinse system on you can hear it inside and outside. Your RV dealer sounds like as big a BS artist as mine does!!!

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank