Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #1

Black tank flush for 2019 Salem 27REI

Black tank doesn’t drain real well. Is there a black tank flush setup on this model?
Jtmavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtmavs View Post
Black tank doesn’t drain real well. Is there a black tank flush setup on this model?
I don’t think a black tank flush will make the black tank drain faster. Maybe your valve isn’t opening completely or you have construction trash, etc., stuck in the outlet.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 12:52 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtmavs View Post
I don't think Salems come with a factory black tank flush.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:04 PM   #4
Retired Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I don’t think a black tank flush will make the black tank drain faster. Maybe your valve isn’t opening completely or you have construction trash, etc., stuck in the outlet.
If the above does not reveal the problem, then look at the roof vent. There needs to be good airflow in for the tank to drain properly as well.

One other thought, if you have one of those inexpensive flexible inspection cameras, you may want to snake it either up from the drain valve end or down from the plumbing end to see about a physical obstruction. It's not impossible that the plastic piece from where the cut the openings may have fallen inside the tank and been left. It could be partially obstructing the drain inside the tank.

If you don't have one of those, look for an "endoscope" for your type of cell phone on ebay or Amazon. Should be $25 or less.

I've got one for my Android phone and also a dedicated inspection camera (it was an inexpensive model - around $50). The 2 of these have saved my butt many a time in both the boats and trailer. Makes it possible to see behind obstructions and inside small holes to follow a wire, hose, etc... Beats having to pull a panel off to find it's not really where you need to be doing the work. Well worth having one in your toolbox.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, flush, salem, tank