Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 276
The wife never relented on this topic, she wants to stick with the Coleman without ever giving the other grill a shot. So, in the spring I'm going to take the whole assembly off the bumper to save weight. I'll stow it in the loft of my shed in case I need it in 4 years when she decides to buy another unit.
__________________

__________________
Brian - Stacy - Liam Camp Dogs: Pepper & Bentley
Nights Camped: 2015 - 34 2016 - 7 2017 - 6

"I need a time out, send me to the mountains and don't let me out until my attitude changes!"
BKBuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Posts: 70
When I took my trailer into the dealer for some warranty work they gave me the needed LP gas connector hose that should have come with the barbecue. I am anxious to try it out come spring break!
__________________

__________________
"It is what it is!

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:43 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Posts: 70
The dealer gave me the extension hose to connect the baarbecue to the TT when I took the trailer in for some minor adjustments. I wish I had the swing around bar that the barbecue attaches to, instead of the bike rack. I may ask the dealership to take the bike rack off (it will save some unnecessary weight) and attach the barbecue swing around attachment and attach the spare tire directly to the rear bumper instead of the bike rack. I wonder what they would charge me for that?
__________________
"It is what it is!

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:59 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
I beefed up my bumper mount grill arm and gave it a second pivot arm and a full 360 grill rotation. The original mount wasn't long enough to clear the slide and the grill was garbage. Ended up putting a full size stainless infrared grill with a side burner on. The picture shows first steel grill that lasted 2 seasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	176.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	412.8 KB
ID:	98808  
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: PA
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G. View Post
The dealer gave me the extension hose to connect the baarbecue to the TT when I took the trailer in for some minor adjustments. I wish I had the swing around bar that the barbecue attaches to, instead of the bike rack. I may ask the dealership to take the bike rack off (it will save some unnecessary weight) and attach the barbecue swing around attachment and attach the spare tire directly to the rear bumper instead of the bike rack. I wonder what they would charge me for that?
Too bad you don't live closer, would probably trade ya the swing arm for the bike rack.
__________________
Brian - Stacy - Liam Camp Dogs: Pepper & Bentley
Nights Camped: 2015 - 34 2016 - 7 2017 - 6

"I need a time out, send me to the mountains and don't let me out until my attitude changes!"
BKBuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:02 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Helmsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I beefed up my bumper mount grill arm and gave it a second pivot arm and a full 360 grill rotation. The original mount wasn't long enough to clear the slide and the grill was garbage. Ended up putting a full size stainless infrared grill with a side burner on. The picture shows first steel grill that lasted 2 seasons.
I like that extra swivel.... Our bumper mount grill looks similar to yours, it swings out right into the slide on the curb side.
__________________
2015 Chevy 3500HD
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
chpence1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 149
After designing a shelf for the front mounted hitch on our Dodge Ram we placed our Mini Red Komodo grill out front. On long travel runs we would slow cook a couple chickens or pork loin..... the smells in the cab are awesome.
The smoke can be a little awkward when parked while taking a road break.
__________________
2005 Dodge Ram Laramie, SRW
5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel 24 valve
2013 Forest River Thunderbolt XLR 380 AMP
Cow Bell
2010 Star Motorcycle Stratoliner Deluxe
chpence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
I like that extra swivel.... Our bumper mount grill looks similar to yours, it swings out right into the slide on the curb side.
Luckily, I took the mount off before I traded the 5er in. I can hook you up!
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:05 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Helmsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Luckily, I took the mount off before I traded the 5er in. I can hook you up!
Next time you are headed south on 75 around Knoxville give me a holler
__________________
2015 Chevy 3500HD
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:21 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
Next time you are headed south on 75 around Knoxville give me a holler
We'll be heading through March 24, on our way to FL.
__________________

__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 49
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.