Old 09-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #1
Bumper grill or Coleman Roadtrip?

Our new unit came with the swing out bumper grill for the outdoor kitchen. I haven't hooked it up or played with it yet but it looks like its smaller then our current Coleman Roadtrip grill.

Looking for feedback on your experience with the bumper grill. Is it an adequate replacement? When we camp I frequently cook for 5 people (4 adults and a 2yr old).

My wife thinks we need to keep the Roadtrip along with the bumper grill but with less basement storage space I just don't think it will be possible.

BKBuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:19 PM   #2
the bumper grills are garbage. I took my grill that came with camper off and gave it away before I even used it. Nothing but Weber Q for me.

David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
I used mine and it is nothing to write home about. When it wears out I am going to find a way to mount a much better unit on the swing arm because it is pretty convenient.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:39 AM   #4
sam's club sells a nice stainless tabletop grill for $99 . I took the factory one off took pipe nipples and bolts and mounted it to the factory bumper mount. Also got a flat griddle to use on it as great
RaystownRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
We opted out of getting the rear kitchen and grill when we ordered our 282RK. Havent missed either of them at all.
Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #6
My Salem Cruise lite has the optional bike rack so the optional outdoor kitchen came with the barbecue and a folding stand for it (like what the hotels have for suitcases). Haven't used it yet but I did realize it did not come with the gas hose to connect the barbecue to the trailer. I'm taking my trailer in for some minor repairs and I will ask about the missing hose. I would think the trailer should come with that. I'll try the barbecue when camping season rolls around and see how it does.
"It is what it is!

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #7
I go RV'ing not Camping
I used my bumper grill all year long and I didn't mind it, sure it's not the best, but it cooked the heck out of hamburgers and hot dogs and made some mean steaks. It just doesn't have a tonne of btu's
312QBUD Owners Thread
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2000 Chev 2500 Extended Cab 6 Liter
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
Bumper grill or Coleman Roadtrip?

Gary it should have come with it. Mine was stuck in beside the fridge in the outdoor kitchen.

I agree about the grille also. It's not bad. I'm not living in my TT so it's fine for camping.

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:05 PM   #9
Who Dares, Wins
I had the bumper grill and used it alot on both the popup and first TT. Towards then end we got rid of the grill for a Coleman Roadtrip. Both work but now we can bring the grill to a park for a picnic, use it where ever. I have not made it work with the line on the trailer, I just plug it into one of the propane cylinders.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #10
We just purchased from Target a grill made by Stok model gridiron & are really impressed with it. My brother had a Colemen and couldn't control the temp very well & ended up going with the Weber's. The Stok is actually a larger grill than the Weber's and very portable.... One thing g we learned after the purchase is they don't make a cover for we purchased a Colemen cover that fits perfectly.

CRS is offline   Reply With Quote