Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Cable setup for Jensen CD/Radio

I have a 35 ft 2012 Villa, and do not know how to set up the cabling for a TV to attach to wall sockets provided. The Jensen Owners manual tells you about the System but no one tells you how to hook your TV to wall and have it set for DVD and for TV so that it comes out of the surround sound. I am using the antenna and do not have satellite. Can anyone help?
__________________

__________________
philstow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Commercial Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 48
I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

We will need additional information in order to address your concerns. It would be best to call us direct for assistance with this. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing from you.
__________________

__________________
ASA Electronics - Producer of JENSEN RV TV's, stereos & speakers; Voyager Observation Systems & Advent appliances.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by philstow View Post
I have a 35 ft 2012 Villa, and do not know how to set up the cabling for a TV to attach to wall sockets provided. The Jensen Owners manual tells you about the System but no one tells you how to hook your TV to wall and have it set for DVD and for TV so that it comes out of the surround sound. I am using the antenna and do not have satellite. Can anyone help?
Just got a new trailer with a similar audio unit. According to the docs, there are two Aux-in RCA jacks on the device, but it would appear you actually have to remove the 4 mounting screws, and pull it to hook it up. You'll hook this up to the Audio Out RCA jacks on your TV (usually red & white). If everything worked properly you can set your Jensen to AUX and the sound from the TV *should* play through the surround sound.
__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Yep I just went out & hooked up my cables for when I get my TV. Like I said, unscrew it & pull it out, there's two RCA connectors right there on the top of the unit. Only thing, at least in my trailer, I needed a #2 square bit to get the screws out.. The couldn't have just used standard Philips heads huh...
__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
Member
 
Coldsteel1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue View Post
Yep I just went out & hooked up my cables for when I get my TV. Like I said, unscrew it & pull it out, there's two RCA connectors right there on the top of the unit. Only thing, at least in my trailer, I needed a #2 square bit to get the screws out.. The couldn't have just used standard Philips heads huh...

I have a "?" do you have to make a hole to feed the RCA Cables from your head unit "Jensen" to the back of the tv, we order a tv, and it should be here weds. The TT is in storage and don't have it on site, and I'm assuming just us the Aux button for the sound. Thank you for your help.
__________________
2012 Salem 27 KRSS
WDS Curt with Curt Swaybar
05' Ford F-150
Lariat Supercrew 5.4L 3.73 gears

Trips 2012-x2
Coldsteel1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsteel1986 View Post
I have a "?" do you have to make a hole to feed the RCA Cables from your head unit "Jensen" to the back of the tv, we order a tv, and it should be here weds. The TT is in storage and don't have it on site, and I'm assuming just us the Aux button for the sound. Thank you for your help.
No there should already be hole there, you'll need something to route the TV cable through, you'll use that same hole.. I'm assuming its the Aux button as well though I haven't been able to test either, by TV is being delivered this week as well.
__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
Member
 
Coldsteel1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue View Post
No there should already be hole there, you'll need something to route the TV cable through, you'll use that same hole.. I'm assuming its the Aux button as well though I haven't been able to test either, by TV is being delivered this week as well.
When we bought the TT, he has a tv hookup already, I'll have to wait till weds. when I go get the TT out of storage. I'll post some pics. good luck with yours, by the way what tv did you go with, we got the Samsung Smart TV model UN32EH5300, so can use the CG WiFi.

We have Vudu, and netflix accounts.
__________________
2012 Salem 27 KRSS
WDS Curt with Curt Swaybar
05' Ford F-150
Lariat Supercrew 5.4L 3.73 gears

Trips 2012-x2
Coldsteel1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Wow very nice. I went with a more basic TV option - the Vizio E261VA got it new on eBay for about $170. We have Netflix too, but with the kids we'll be bringing the Xbox with and that'll stream Netflix for us.
__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 37
Come to think of it, are you sure that Samsung will fit? I took measurements where the TV will go.. inside dimensions are 28 7/8"W X 20 1/2"H... may be an awfully snug fit width-wise. I may have measured conservatively so you might get it in there... looks like yours is 29.1" W...
__________________

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #10
Member
 
Coldsteel1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue
Come to think of it, are you sure that Samsung will fit? I took measurements where the TV will go.. inside dimensions are 28 7/8"W X 20 1/2"H... may be an awfully snug fit width-wise. I may have measured conservatively so you might get it in there... looks like yours is 29.1" W...
When I measure it last month, it seem a little bigger then that, but will c, the tv comes tomorrow.

If it over hangs 1/8 to 1/4" I'll b good. I'm not planning on having it set there while traveling, at first I wasn't going to get a tv, but it's been so hot, not much to do until it cools off outside. Fire ban most of the summer. Can only play so many hands of rummy.
__________________

__________________
2012 Salem 27 KRSS
WDS Curt with Curt Swaybar
05' Ford F-150
Lariat Supercrew 5.4L 3.73 gears

Trips 2012-x2
Coldsteel1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.