Old 06-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #1

Cable setup for Jensen CD/Radio

I have a 35 ft 2012 Villa, and do not know how to set up the cabling for a TV to attach to wall sockets provided. The Jensen Owners manual tells you about the System but no one tells you how to hook your TV to wall and have it set for DVD and for TV so that it comes out of the surround sound. I am using the antenna and do not have satellite. Can anyone help?

Old 06-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

We will need additional information in order to address your concerns. It would be best to call us direct for assistance with this. You can reach us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing from you.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstow View Post
I have a 35 ft 2012 Villa, and do not know how to set up the cabling for a TV to attach to wall sockets provided. The Jensen Owners manual tells you about the System but no one tells you how to hook your TV to wall and have it set for DVD and for TV so that it comes out of the surround sound. I am using the antenna and do not have satellite. Can anyone help?
Just got a new trailer with a similar audio unit. According to the docs, there are two Aux-in RCA jacks on the device, but it would appear you actually have to remove the 4 mounting screws, and pull it to hook it up. You'll hook this up to the Audio Out RCA jacks on your TV (usually red & white). If everything worked properly you can set your Jensen to AUX and the sound from the TV *should* play through the surround sound.

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2013 Salem 26TBUD
nullvalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #4

Yep I just went out & hooked up my cables for when I get my TV. Like I said, unscrew it & pull it out, there's two RCA connectors right there on the top of the unit. Only thing, at least in my trailer, I needed a #2 square bit to get the screws out.. The couldn't have just used standard Philips heads huh...

2013 Salem 26TBUD
Old 07-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue View Post
Yep I just went out & hooked up my cables for when I get my TV. Like I said, unscrew it & pull it out, there's two RCA connectors right there on the top of the unit. Only thing, at least in my trailer, I needed a #2 square bit to get the screws out.. The couldn't have just used standard Philips heads huh...

I have a "?" do you have to make a hole to feed the RCA Cables from your head unit "Jensen" to the back of the tv, we order a tv, and it should be here weds. The TT is in storage and don't have it on site, and I'm assuming just us the Aux button for the sound. Thank you for your help.
Lariat Supercrew 5.4L 3.73 gears

Trips 2012-x2
Coldsteel1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsteel1986 View Post
I have a "?" do you have to make a hole to feed the RCA Cables from your head unit "Jensen" to the back of the tv, we order a tv, and it should be here weds. The TT is in storage and don't have it on site, and I'm assuming just us the Aux button for the sound. Thank you for your help.
No there should already be hole there, you'll need something to route the TV cable through, you'll use that same hole.. I'm assuming its the Aux button as well though I haven't been able to test either, by TV is being delivered this week as well.

2013 Salem 26TBUD
Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue View Post
No there should already be hole there, you'll need something to route the TV cable through, you'll use that same hole.. I'm assuming its the Aux button as well though I haven't been able to test either, by TV is being delivered this week as well.
When we bought the TT, he has a tv hookup already, I'll have to wait till weds. when I go get the TT out of storage. I'll post some pics. good luck with yours, by the way what tv did you go with, we got the Samsung Smart TV model UN32EH5300, so can use the CG WiFi.

We have Vudu, and netflix accounts.

Trips 2012-x2
Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #8

Wow very nice. I went with a more basic TV option - the Vizio E261VA got it new on eBay for about $170. We have Netflix too, but with the kids we'll be bringing the Xbox with and that'll stream Netflix for us.

2013 Salem 26TBUD
Old 07-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #9

Come to think of it, are you sure that Samsung will fit? I took measurements where the TV will go.. inside dimensions are 28 7/8"W X 20 1/2"H... may be an awfully snug fit width-wise. I may have measured conservatively so you might get it in there... looks like yours is 29.1" W...

2013 Salem 26TBUD
Old 07-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullvalue
Come to think of it, are you sure that Samsung will fit? I took measurements where the TV will go.. inside dimensions are 28 7/8"W X 20 1/2"H... may be an awfully snug fit width-wise. I may have measured conservatively so you might get it in there... looks like yours is 29.1" W...
When I measure it last month, it seem a little bigger then that, but will c, the tv comes tomorrow.

If it over hangs 1/8 to 1/4" I'll b good. I'm not planning on having it set there while traveling, at first I wasn't going to get a tv, but it's been so hot, not much to do until it cools off outside. Fire ban most of the summer. Can only play so many hands of rummy.

Trips 2012-x2