Old 07-06-2019, 08:59 AM   #1

Cable TV in 42DL Grand Villa/Lodge loft area?

Hubby and I are loving the new 2020 Grand Villa 42DL. We’re slowly moving in and getting comfy. We finally got around to hanging a TV in the loft area, specifically the two bed side. I can’t seem to get the cable signal to work at all. I turned on the antenna booster in the master bedroom, and now I can get three PBS channels. This indicates to me that the coax is hooked to the antenna only. Is that correct? We have two (unlabeled) outlets on the outside and two (unlabeled) behind the TV in the living room, and we finally got to a combination that has our living room Tv and master BR TV working with the park cable, so I don’t want to start messing with anything without a plan. But, it certainly would be nice for our guests to have more than PBS. Anyone get that “upstairs” TV working on park cable? TIA.

hokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokie View Post
Hubby and I are loving the new 2020 Grand Villa 42DL. We’re slowly moving in and getting comfy. We finally got around to hanging a TV in the loft area, specifically the two bed side. I can’t seem to get the cable signal to work at all. I turned on the antenna booster in the master bedroom, and now I can get three PBS channels. This indicates to me that the coax is hooked to the antenna only. Is that correct? We have two (unlabeled) outlets on the outside and two (unlabeled) behind the TV in the living room, and we finally got to a combination that has our living room Tv and master BR TV working with the park cable, so I don’t want to start messing with anything without a plan. But, it certainly would be nice for our guests to have more than PBS. Anyone get that “upstairs” TV working on park cable? TIA.
Our Salem 32bhds has cable tv, and satellite connections on the inside and outside. You might be connected to the satellite side. IDK.

Jammer3025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #3

That’s what I’m wondering. The only thing throwing me off is that the living room and master BR TVs are working fine. Those locations have two outlets, though, so I’m assuming it’s possible that those are hooked up to the “wrong” outlet and so is the input on the outside of the trailer. Upstairs only has one coax outlet (per TV location). We may just have to do some experiments with all the different permutations.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #4

The antenna booster is only for OTA signals. For cable OR satellite, it has to be off.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 PM   #5
PPST Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
The antenna booster is only for OTA signals. For cable OR satellite, it has to be off.
X2 what he said

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #6

Correct. I only turned it on to test if the coax upstairs was working for OTA, which it is. I generally leave the booster off since it provides no amplification of other signals and could potentially cause interference. We will probably just start trying different combinations to see if anything other than OTA works upstairs. My concern is that since there is only one outlet there and two at each location downstairs that the OTA is the only signal headed up that way. I’ve seen a couple folks that opened up the bathroom vent (for other reasons) and there is a cable splitter in there. I may have to play with that if we don’t have luck with changing inputs. The downstairs TVs are more the priority. Upstairs is a nice-to for occasional visitors.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:27 PM   #7

Turn off the TVs and get outside!!!

Jk it’s so hot and muggy here in Ontario right I’m in bed ac blasting just killing time to go fishing!

AceCombat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, loft