Old 04-26-2016, 02:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfort View Post
Just a thing to consider for anybody who has one, I just dropped mine off at the dealer for a couple repairs on Friday. The dealer called me today and said when they opened the door they found class in the hallway, opened the bathroom door and the shower door is shattered. I double checked it before I left so it has to have popped off in route. Not the first time it has come loose. I think I am going to start using a bungee cord from now on.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB

Sorry to hear that Tfort. Will keep that in mind.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:47 PM   #12

The dealer submitted a warranty claim on it. We will see if they cover it. If not, the price they are talking about, a shower curtain is sounding real good.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:39 PM   #13

We purchased ours earlier this year at an RV show from a local dealer. I searched the country and found other dealers with much cheaper price and told my dealer to match or I was taking a road trip. They matched and even included a hitch! We walked out the door with it for under $38K. I also use a 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew cab 4x4 diesel 6.7L. Have had no issues yet and travel safe.

Questions I have are as follows:
1. Anyone have a picture of their double sewer lines joined into one single dump line? Seems most sewer hoses are not long enough to reach both when at full hook up sites. Anyone done this with a "Y"?

2. Remote stopped working after the first time. No longer will operate anything in the coach? Is a fuse blown or something? I am at a loss for this.

3. Anyone have a handy "fix" for the issue of the water running off the tub in the rear bathroom and onto the floor?

4. Anyone have issues with the outdoor fridge staying cold while camping? Mine is very mediocre at best.

5. Anyone installed a washer and dryer up front? Vent less or vented?

Thank you for your input! Happy Camping!

2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 2500 6.7L 4x4
2016 Salem Hemisphere 356QB
Andersen Ultimate Hitch (over gooseneck ball)
camplight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #14

1. Anyone have a picture of their double sewer lines joined into one single dump line? Seems most sewer hoses are not long enough to reach both when at full hook up sites. Anyone done this with a "Y"?

Near the dump hole, use a Y with single hose going into the hole. Use a long hose from the front to the Y and a short hose from the rear. Also, use clear joints so you can see the liquids. That has helped me a lot

2. Remote stopped working after the first time. No longer will operate anything in the coach? Is a fuse blown or something? I am at a loss for this.

Don't know....But my front landing gear switch broke, and I now use the remote to control it. The code is 0000

3. Anyone have a handy "fix" for the issue of the water running off the tub in the rear bathroom and onto the floor?

Don't know about this issue.?

4. Anyone have issues with the outdoor fridge staying cold while camping? Mine is very mediocre at best.
Leave the outside door slightly open (not latched) I had same problem until I did this. You need air circulating in that kitchen area or the fridge will not cool, plus it will wear out the fridge faster.

Haven't done it yet. I was told you have to cut a hole in the bottom of the front cap or vent it down to the bottom of the 5er.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:56 PM   #15

1. I do it the same way as moodman.

2. There is a fuse panel behind the large wood panel in the basement. I cut a hole in mine for easier access later if need be. I'll get a pic this weekend.

3. Shower curtain goes inside the tub.

4. Haven't noticed. But will look into it.

5. Nope.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:08 PM   #16

The issue with the rear tub edge water running off on the floor I fixed with tub edge guards in the corners placed with the end draining into the tub. I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #17

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466811765.876556.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	112087

Here is the pic of what I did to solve the water running on the floor. This tub is a terrible design but this worked. Unfortunately they only come in white and clear if you can find them. I painted mine but wish I could have come closer in the color.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:01 PM   #18

Thank you for the picture. I will look into those. If only the spout was a little bit longer and got out away from the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfort View Post
Attachment 112087

Here is the pic of what I did to solve the water running on the floor. This tub is a terrible design but this worked. Unfortunately they only come in white and clear if you can find them. I painted mine but wish I could have come closer in the color.

Old 06-29-2016, 05:03 PM   #19

I appreciate the feedback. I will try keeping the outdoor kitchen door open some and maybe a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOODMAN View Post

Near the dump hole, use a Y with single hose going into the hole. Use a long hose from the front to the Y and a short hose from the rear. Also, use clear joints so you can see the liquids. That has helped me a lot

Don't know....But my front landing gear switch broke, and I now use the remote to control it. The code is 0000

Don't know about this issue.?

Leave the outside door slightly open (not latched) I had same problem until I did this. You need air circulating in that kitchen area or the fridge will not cool, plus it will wear out the fridge faster.

Haven't done it yet. I was told you have to cut a hole in the bottom of the front cap or vent it down to the bottom of the 5er.

Old 07-13-2016, 03:11 PM   #20

Owners of a 356QBS, what have you come up with for sewer hose storage? Do you store 3 so all outlets can be connected at once or do you just store and use one? Any pictures would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance.