Old 03-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #1

considering a Salem 26TBUD Solved

Hello all,
I'm seriously considering a 2012 Salem 26TBUD. I just wanted to pick your brain as this would be my first experience with Forest River coming over from Jayco 18 footer.

Has anyone ever had a major problem with this model? I have a friend that had constant leaks and just wanted to make sure this wasn't a known issue with these trailers.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Frank

Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Site Team

I have a different Salem unit but I haven't had any leaks at all.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #3

We have a 2011 26TBUD and simply love it. No problems at all, gobs of room, and a very comfortable floor plan.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #4

Just picked ours up 3 weks ago. Can't wait to try it out. Love the layout and all the storage.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #5

Salem 2013

Just received our 2013 Salem Grand Villa. No leaks, They need better quality controil! Crooked lights, lightswitches and windows, Put the water filter in an area where you can not access it. They could have made better use of dead spaces for storage. You need to stand on a chair to open the vents, figured they would send out a vent stick or something like that for money we paid. If Keystone had one with this floor plan would would have owned a Keystone instead.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #6

Watch the axle weights if cargo capacity is at all important to you. 3500lb axles = about 1200lbs of CC before water. 5000lb axles = about 4000lb CC. From what I learned thru my dealer (from FR rep) is that 2013 is all going to the 5K axles, likely due to the minimal capacities.

I bought a 2013 26TBUD-G ("G" means garage/storage compartment at the back) but haven't taken delivery yet so I'm not much help to your original question.

The trailers seem to be of good quality.... especially for the $$. I basically went new for the warranty and because it's new. Anything used that didn't have stains on the carpet and smell like a wet dog was at least 15K. I paid 20K for mine so it was a no-brainer.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #7

We have a 2011 26TBUD... had it just over a year now. I think last weekend was our 8th trip with it (not bad?) and we've been pretty happy with it. No leaks, that's for sure.

The only thing that's gone wrong has been the bathroom cabinet. We got to the campsite last weekend and the shelf had fallen threw it's supports. It appears that it was put together (bear with me on this one) upside down. All the fasteners (brads or staples?) were put in from the bottom of the shelf into thin supports. With the weight of 6 bottles of blue stuff and a bouncy ride, it just fell thru. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I haven't called the dealer yet, but I'd imagine it's not covered.

This is our first TT, although we rented many before we bought. I think it's been a good deal for the money (we paid about $17k brand new w/ hitch).

Hope that helps!
FD
Old 06-03-2012, 08:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoDad
We have a 2011 26TBUD... had it just over a year now. I think last weekend was our 8th trip with it (not bad?) and we've been pretty happy with it. No leaks, that's for sure.

The only thing that's gone wrong has been the bathroom cabinet. We got to the campsite last weekend and the shelf had fallen threw it's supports. It appears that it was put together (bear with me on this one) upside down. All the fasteners (brads or staples?) were put in from the bottom of the shelf into thin supports. With the weight of 6 bottles of blue stuff and a bouncy ride, it just fell thru. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I haven't called the dealer yet, but I'd imagine it's not covered.

This is our first TT, although we rented many before we bought. I think it's been a good deal for the money (we paid about $17k brand new w/ hitch).

Hope that helps!
FD
Thank you!..
We love ours so far..... if you've only owned for about a year the dealer should be able to do something for you.

We upgraded from an 18' to the TBUD and haven't looked back.

Thanks,
Frank

Tags
26tbud