Old 06-20-2016, 08:34 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Mr. B: Nice photo of your WW 195BH. I like your awning lights. Do you recall where you bought them?
The awning lights were purchased at a local Benny's. Unfortunately they are only a southern New England store and they don't sell on-line.

Old 06-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #92

My family of 5 just got back from our first weekend in our 2017 195BH and loved every minute of it. We have always tent camped in the past so maybe we are just not picky. I did notice the need for the front stabilizers though, will be getting those buy this weekend when we go again. I tow it with a 2005 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with no WDH or sway and it did just fine. Some times the wind was noticeable but not too often. Parts of the 15 has 80mph speed zones and the trailer was doing that no problem behind my truck. It did drop my gas mileage but that was expected. We put curtains on all the windows and took out the blinds, we find kids to be rough on blinds in general. We will be camping every weekend this summer so I will try and post things I find that could be useful. I love this thread as I have already gotten some good ideas. LED lights sound good as does the second propane tank. Thank you everyone for posting, keep them coming!!

Old 06-21-2016, 04:53 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadeodavid View Post
My family of 5 just got back from our first weekend in our 2017 195BH and loved every minute of it. We have always tent camped in the past so maybe we are just not picky. I did notice the need for the front stabilizers though, will be getting those buy this weekend when we go again. I tow it with a 2005 dodge ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with no WDH or sway and it did just fine. Some times the wind was noticeable but not too often. Parts of the 15 has 80mph speed zones and the trailer was doing that no problem behind my truck. It did drop my gas mileage but that was expected. We put curtains on all the windows and took out the blinds, we find kids to be rough on blinds in general. We will be camping every weekend this summer so I will try and post things I find that could be useful. I love this thread as I have already gotten some good ideas. LED lights sound good as does the second propane tank. Thank you everyone for posting, keep them coming!!
That's great your family is making memories, I love our little home on wheels as my daughter calls it.

Have you done any other mods? Curtains sound like a good alternative, we were thinking day night shades. We did swap out our lights to LED's, added a medicine cabinet and tv so far.

Knock on wood nothing else goes wrong, we are finally heading out this weekend.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:07 AM   #94

No mods yet, still too new to this. This weekend is another two night campout but with full hookups again so probably won't make any still. We do plan on getting a generator if anyone knows how much wattage is enough to run everything though?! Money is always a factor as well...bummer but true. Spending money on camping/testing it out takes from the addition/mods fund!
Old 06-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #95

Oh I hear that, we did the mods over the winter. I'm sure you will make a list as you go of what you'd like to change or add.

We don't have a generator so can't answer you there.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #96
Never Stop Exploring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
The awning lights were purchased at a local Benny's. Unfortunately they are only a southern New England store and they don't sell on-line.
Mr.B.: Thank you.

If anyone has put LED lights across their 195BH awning please let us know the name and where you bought them. And a photo would be nice too.
ST205/75/R15/D trailer tires
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #97
Never Stop Exploring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadeodavid View Post
Welcome to this forum and we appreciate your feedback. Please do contribute to this thread. Wife and I started this thread to be sort of a reference library for 195BH owners/potential buyers as well as get input from anyone. Glad you like it.
ST205/75/R15/D trailer tires
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #98

I had been planning to install front stabilizer jacks on the frame but after knowing several people who did that on these short trailers they proceeded to break or bend them when towing and front end dipped and they hit ground. I'm guessing that's why they aren't a factory item. I just use two of the stabilizing jacks referenced above that I got for $20 at Camping World. Makes a big difference and I just toss them in back of truck when leaving. Setup takes an additional minute to use those but no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2016, 02:30 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
Oh I hear that, we did the mods over the winter. I'm sure you will make a list as you go of what you'd like to change or add.

We don't have a generator so can't answer you there.

I've used a Honda 2000w generator on this unit. It powers everything but had issues with microwave and AC. It could run the microwave if EVERYTHING else is off. It ran my AC for a short time but started having issues producing enough power. If you want to run everything I'd look at least 3000w. If you just want to charge batteries and use lights, pump, furnace, and have a couple outlets the 2000w could get you by. My preference would be to get two of the Honda 2000w and link together when needed for 4000w to run it all, but they aren't cheap.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #100

2016 Cruise Lite 195BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
I've used a Honda 2000w generator on this unit. It powers everything but had issues with microwave and AC. It could run the microwave if EVERYTHING else is off. It ran my AC for a short time but started having issues producing enough power. If you want to run everything I'd look at least 3000w. If you just want to charge batteries and use lights, pump, furnace, and have a couple outlets the 2000w could get you by. My preference would be to get two of the Honda 2000w and link together when needed for 4000w to run it all, but they aren't cheap.

Good information . I have a wildwood xlite 185rb and looking to add a generator for boondocking. I looking at this one
which should be enough power and runs off propane or gas. Do you carry it in your tow vehicle or you have mounted somewhere?
I'm thinking of building a bracket underneath camper to mount it. its not very big and then run a line from propane Bottle.
Any suggestions ?

« Winterizing | - »