Old 06-23-2016, 09:50 PM   #111

2016 Cruise Lite 195BH

My wife froze a bunch of water bottles before we left and placed inside refrigerator. We drove 6 1/2 hours and everything was still nice and cold.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #112
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHeffernan View Post
My wife froze a bunch of water bottles before we left and placed inside refrigerator. We drove 6 1/2 hours and everything was still nice and cold.
We typically just bring the cold food in a cooler with some frozen bottles of water inside. When we arrive, we start the refrigerator and put half the frozen bottles on the top shelf of the refrigerator to help cool it down. Within a few hours, we transfer the food to the refrigerator. Then we put the partially melted bottles of water up in the freezer for the return trip.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:48 PM   #113

2 great solutions above from Doug and Tony.
Harveyfamily- I'm sure you could use an inverter to run for 6 hours as long as it had enough watts and battery power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2016, 07:24 PM   #114

About to camp for the second time. Full hook ups again and only two nights so I don't know if I will learn much but I will post anything I do learn/decide to improve upon when we return.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13423956_10153563334532021_5372854850292552755_n.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	112084  
Old 06-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #115

I did find the trailer to be much more stable with the fresh water tank full instead of leaving it empty when I have a water hookup. I knew I wasn't going to be long so I filled fresh water and filled grey and black to 2/3 when I first arrived and I couldn't even make the trailer shake! My pregnant wife loved it, I highly recommend it for short trips.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:09 PM   #116

So we are at the beach for our second trip in our 195BH. We mounted the tv on a wall mount on the side of the cabinet near the microwave and it's made a world of difference on that side of the counter. We also got external speakers for it so now we can hear it with the AC going full blast. For some reason the AC doesn't seem as loud as before.

I bought scissor jacks for the front to stabilize it since we noticed the front before was wobbly with it just on the tongue jack. It's better but the trailer still shakes a little and we think it's from the wind more than anything as the kids are perfectly still. Would filling the fresh water tank even though we are on park water help? Is there a quick way to empty the fresh water tank when we leave?

I did notice that when I was deploying the scissor jacks for the front that I had to expand one a little higher than the other side. We are on a concrete pad so not sure what the deal is there but both jacks are on the same spot of the frame just past the part that curves up.

This trip is going much better than the first one so I'm thinking readjusting some things on the inside has helped. We really do like the trailer now that we are making some improvements.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:58 PM   #117
Never Stop Exploring

Glad to hear the improvements you have made make your 195BH more enjoyable.

As Dadeodavid mentioned below, filling your fresh water tank (when on a city water hookup) and adding water to your grey and black tanks adds weight in the back of the trailer and it does help stabilize our 195BH. On our last day, we pull away from our campsite, then open the fresh and hot water tanks drain valves (all three) and let the tanks drain while driving. We close up the drain valves when we arrive back home. In addition to our front/rear stabilizer jacks, we purchased Camco's Aluminum Stack Jack Stand (2 pack). They have come in handy when dry camping on uneven ground.

Your concrete pad at the beach may possibly be sloped a little for drainage causing one of your stabilizer jacks to be extended a little more than the other. Main thing is to get the trailer level. I use a torpedo level but any bubble level should do.

Happy camping in your new trailer.
ST205/75/R15/D trailer tires
Camp4two is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #118

What a great thread, I love hearing other people's ideas. Done a couple mods myself lately.

Added under awning LEDs:

Added an easily accessible outdoor TV:

I know a lot of people are anti-TV but we normally watch classic movies at night

I also used Eternabond on on the roof seams. No pics but I highly recommend this stuff.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:53 PM   #119

2016 Cruise Lite 195BH

Unexpected mod for us. The old fridge started leaking freon, the pipes started corroding ?sp? We got three years out of the first one. Its nice having a true freezer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467604227.170651.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	113007  
Old 07-04-2016, 05:05 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawga View Post
Unexpected mod for us. The old fridge started leaking freon, the pipes started corroding ?sp? We got three years out of the first one. Its nice having a true freezer
That's was a blessing in disguise if you think about it. I'd love to have a true freezer but not a mod that would be priority, only if like you the fridge needed replacement.