Old 07-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #151

Great. Thanks for the info. I was considering putting mine in the cabinet over the bed and using power from the light, but I like your idea better.

Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrabbit View Post
Great. Thanks for the info. I was considering putting mine in the cabinet over the bed and using power from the light, but I like your idea better.
You're welcome, one other tip...the cabinet wall where I mounted the stereo and speakers is double-walled and hollow in the middle. I drilled some holes on the inside of the cabinet and filled it with a can of low expanding foam from Lowe's before I ever cut the radio and speaker holes. It's solid as a rock.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #153

Tn cruise did u pull out the whole ac unit? If so how did u get it to come out?
Old 07-14-2016, 12:37 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawga View Post
Tn cruise did u pull out the whole ac unit? If so how did u get it to come out?
I did, been a while but from what I remember I just unplugged it, removed the screws in the trim pieces that surround it and lifted it out. Your mileage may vary cause I know they've done some cabinet changes over the years.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:59 PM   #155

Notes on mods we've done to '14 WW 195bh:

FW tank would lose half or more water out the overflow when traveling. Extended both overflow and drain tubing and clamped to frame with cut off valves on both. Open overflow valve to fill/use and close to travel. Also makes the drain easy to reach without crawling underneath.

Dealer said the keys for the external storage compartment were all the same. Added a bracket inside that drops over the latch to prevent key from opening the compartment to keep casual thieves out.

Added prop to hold up bed to provide easy inside access to storage compartment.

Pulled 12v from fuse panel into compartment under dinette seat and inside wall to top cabinets. Added 12v sockets to compartment and cabinet for power, small inverter and usb charging. Added 12v reading lights under cabinets.

Replaced incandescent bulbs with LEDs everywhere.

Added 2 12v deep cycle batteries beside fresh water tank under bunk. 3 batteries combined give us pushing 5 days off grid. They're behind the wheels so actually reduce hitch weight slightly.

Added 2kw 120v line conditioner

Upgraded/upsized tires to 215 radials as part of getting axle straightened. ($%^&*) original bias plys were about good enough to get it off the dealers lot.

Moved dinky fire extinguisher that came with TT to wall next to window over sink to get it out of the way. It may be big enough to put out a fire on the stove. Added a 2a10bc extinguisher that sits neatly between the door and wardrobe, and a larger one behind the corner where the dinette seat sticks out beyond the bunk. Fire is scary.

Added a stick on light on the wall above the 2a10bc extinguisher. Makes it easy at night to reach in the door and hit the light so you can see to step up into the trailer.

Added coat/hat hanger to wall opposite foot of bed and a clothes hanger from the wall to the foot of the bed under the cabinet.

More than anyone wants to know, but hopefully there's an idea or two that will be useful to someone. It's a nice little TT, we like it a lot. It's easy to live with.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:33 AM   #156

Great ideas Lefty665, you mind sharing some pics of your mods?
Old 07-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #157

Lefty665, I am assuming the 215 size tires fit without issue, correct? I am picking my trailer up tomorrow from the dealer after getting a new axle installed, (I will create a new post about that after I get my trailer back). I would like to go up to size 215 tires, but wanted to know that they will fit and not rub. I also found load range D size from etrailer in the 205 size but I would be interested in going to the 215 size.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #158

I'll try to get some pics over the weekend. It's all pretty simple stuff.

215s clear fine and have worked well for around 6k miles. Decent radials are a lot wider, taller and beefier than cheap s**t originals. They are visibly more than one size up. I'd recommend them to everyone who spends significant time on the road. Counter guy and I would have gone 225's but DW was reluctant and standing right behind me. 215s have done the trick so we're both happy.

Be interested to hear about your axle. Ours was bent from the factory. 4k miles in, on an east coast to SW trip tread on both tires was cupped on both edges and big bubbles in the sidewalls. We were lucky. We dodged a bullet and got to a great old school alignment shop in Denver. It's Merrill Axle and Wheel. They were wonderful, straightened the axle, new tires mounted and balanced (originals were not balanced either) and on our way the same day.

FWIW, FR RV dealer in Denver wouldn't touch it as a warranty repair since they didn't sell FR WW line. Interesting segmentation and not at all what salesman touted when we were buying. Service guy sent us to Merrill so it all came out well in the end but cost us about $450.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #159

Love the spot where you have the radio installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2016, 12:15 AM   #160

Some images to go with post on simple mods we've done

« Winterizing | - »