Old 09-06-2016, 12:27 AM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cruise_Lite View Post
Nice job Golfnbike13! I wanted to mount mine on the left side but on my unit that stud has a long crack in it. I may need to try a different splitter to see if that's my issue with the antenna signal.
Once you remove the tv wall plate there will be a 2nd tv outlet already split in there run that down the wall then from the wardrobe then through the wall to fridge wall. Both of those are powered antenna jacks, plus there is a cable in jack there too.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:58 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew.v View Post
Once you remove the tv wall plate there will be a 2nd tv outlet already split in there run that down the wall then from the wardrobe then through the wall to fridge wall. Both of those are powered antenna jacks, plus there is a cable in jack there too.
Great tip, thanks!

Old 09-14-2016, 10:16 PM   #233

Got the Blu-ray moved inside the cabinet. Used some of the old dinette table for the shelf.

Here are pics of what I used the rest of the original table for;

this at the end of the bed

and next to the couch, which I have posted before.

Believe it or not there's like a 6"x8" piece remaining that I'll probably use for something.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:16 PM   #234
Never Stop Exploring

Nice mod and pics TN_Cruise_Lite. I will be doing the same with our DVR box to get it inside the cabinet. Thanks.
ST205/75/R15/D trailer tires
Camp4two is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 12:03 PM   #235
Never Stop Exploring

100 Watt Portable Solar Suitcase

We recently completed 12 days dry camping in Idaho. This was our longest dry camp in our 195BH so far. Needed to keep our battery charged up.

After much research and talking with two friends who own them, we bought a Renogy 100 Watt (two connected 50 Watt panels) portable solar suitcase with controller from the Renogy factory (same price as on Amazon). The current model has a 30 Amp charge controller (upgraded from the earlier 10 Amp controller).

This solar suitcase worked great! We kept one 27 Group RV/Marine battery fully charged in good sun.

What we changed: The supplied 7 ft. 12 AWG wires with alligator clips on battery is way too short. We purchased 20 ft. 10 AWG 45 amp rated zip wires with power pole connectors from PowerWerx online. I followed the YouTube video "Renogy Mod 3 3" by Rob Nada for the correct PowerWerx wires and power pole connectors. Note: This change may void the warranty but it is necessary to get the solar panels away from shaded areas.

For the 12 days, our biggest drain on the battery was our 24" LCD TV (62 watts) and Direct TV DVR box (34 watts). We ran them for 5-6 hours each evening using a 175 Watt Go Power inverter. By morning our 27 Group battery was 12.2-12.3 volts (60-70% charged). Our solar suitcase took about 6 hours to fully recharge the battery in good sunlight. It will also charge in partial sunlight, but it takes more time. You have to keep moving the panels each hour or so or position it where it will get the maximum sunlight if you leave your campsite for awhile.

We have a backup 27 Group battery, but not sure we need to connect it in parallel to the other one. We conserve power, so the one battery seems to take care of all our electrical needs (lights, TV/DVR, cell phone charging, bathroom fan, pump, water heater ignition).

Hope this helps anyone looking into a portable solar setup. Questions?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar 1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	120526   Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar 2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	442.9 KB
ID:	120527   Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar 3.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	120528  
ST205/75/R15/D trailer tires
Camp4two is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:27 AM   #236

Nice setup, I may have to borrow the disconnect switch mounting idea. I've hauled that same switch around for two years in my toolbox.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #237
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Cruise_Lite View Post
Nice setup, I may have to borrow the disconnect switch mounting idea. I've hauled that same switch around for two years in my toolbox.
Having an disconnect switch installed was one of the first mods I had done on my unit back when it was new It was worth the investment and the end result is so simple to use. Not a big deal to some people but it was for me.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 02:27 PM   #238

I've always just opened the lid and took the negative cable off the post to disconnect....
Old 09-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
I've always just opened the lid and took the negative cable off the post to disconnect....
This.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #240
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfnbike13 View Post
Of course for many members that method works well but not for this gal.

Due to the angle of the trailer and the position of the battery its really a tight fit and I had trouble getting the lid off or back on.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote