Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2017, 02:13 AM   #461

Sorry I don't know it myself. The decal is not such a bad idea maybe try that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forest River Forums mobile app

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 07:00 PM   #462
Explore

Good idea about a decal TN & daybreak. May have to go that route or use that idea in the future. Thanks!

Leaving soon for Grand Teton NP, Yellowstone NP and the Salmon River Idaho for 21 days. Hopefully, we wont pick up any more scrapes along the way.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #463

Third time staying in the trailer last weekend. Still a leak down the cabinets from the AC (window-unit style). Was able to seemingly spot the drip that was pushing back into the cabinet rather than flowing outward, and able to jam some of the waterproof tape in to stop it. Still, the bottom edge of the cabinet is plenty ruined from the several drip experiences. At least we've gone from water pouring down the inside of the wall, to a steady leak from the cabinet, to a drip along the cabinet and now corrected (maybe).

Dropped it off yesterday for the 90-day adjustment period inspection and to have the cabinet/AC corrected. They stated it has been a common enough issue on these window model ACs, that it's mounted level or too close to level so as to not allow proper draining out the exterior overhang. Usually have been adjusting the drip pan and mount to provide a better angle. And will be replacing part of my cabinetry. Very cooperative and understanding, it seems.
sscott87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:38 AM   #464

Hopefully it's fixed for you now. We have been lucky that we've only used our ac 2x in the three summers we've owned ours and haven't noticed any issues. Of course we hardly use our house ac unless it's supper humid for extended periods so we are used to being hotter and have less need for ac than most. Plus all the sites we have had are under trees and predominantly shade.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:52 PM   #465

Louisiana! I can't be so fortunate to go without the AC.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #466

Yeah I'm in Massachusetts, camping in Maine was cool this summer.

Hope your not flooding where you are.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscott87 View Post
Third time staying in the trailer last weekend. Still a leak down the cabinets from the AC (window-unit style). Was able to seemingly spot the drip that was pushing back into the cabinet rather than flowing outward, and able to jam some of the waterproof tape in to stop it. Still, the bottom edge of the cabinet is plenty ruined from the several drip experiences. At least we've gone from water pouring down the inside of the wall, to a steady leak from the cabinet, to a drip along the cabinet and now corrected (maybe).

Dropped it off yesterday for the 90-day adjustment period inspection and to have the cabinet/AC corrected. They stated it has been a common enough issue on these window model ACs, that it's mounted level or too close to level so as to not allow proper draining out the exterior overhang. Usually have been adjusting the drip pan and mount to provide a better angle. And will be replacing part of my cabinetry. Very cooperative and understanding, it seems.
Our Palomini has a wall mounted window unit. We had some leakage with it after we first got it. Our leak came down the inside wall under the unit and between the kitchen window frame and wall. What I found was the water from the pan was going down the gap between the left side of the pan and the cutout. It would also go between the wall to the window. To be sure it didn't leak in the future I use silicone sealant to seal the pan to the framing and to seal up the cutout where it contacted the pan. I haven't had an issue since.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #468

Our WW X-Lite had the AC issue. We took it back and the dealer told us that it is common for the factory to install the AC with it leaning into the camper. They added some shims to lean toward the outside of the camper and we haven't had that issue lately.

On the other hand when we took it back to fix the AC we had a leak in the front nose of the camper. Coming in under the shelf above the bed in the left corner. They thought they fixed it. After our next trip it and finally getting some rain. I found out it was still leaking. So, our camper is back at the dealer currently trying to find that leak. Hopefully, we will get it back this weekend. We have a camping trip planned in the middle of September.
VA_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:52 PM   #469

Just got the call today from the dealer that it was ready. Quite a surprise as I dropped it off Saturday knowing it wouldn't be touched till sometime this week. Dealer is an hour away but I'd left work early and we were actually getting ready to head that way for some errands so it was convenient.

They did indeed adjust the mounting of the AC for the very reason they described when I dropped if off (and that some of you have obviously experience). Not tilted properly, almost level, and thus not draining well. They didn't comment on sealing anything further, as they were likely in awe of my multi layered silicone/tape job (lol). And happy to see that they added 2 additional screws to the top mount, as I'm not fond of the 1 lone screw that holds the whole thing.

Added some additional trim to match the cabinets and cover the cosmetic damage. Perfectly fine with that given the minimal damage and that I was trying to figure how to cover it myself.

Also had the kickpanel beneath the wardrobe replaced with one that actually fits, and they noticed I was missing the exterior door catch so put that on order. Happy with the experience with the dealer as they're definitely trying to make sure things are right, despite having purchased the cheapest possible model.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:34 AM   #470

Cruise Lite 195BH Owners Thread

Ordered and installed extra price of backsplash from factory. Still undecided if I like but I had damaged the finish on wall of pantry trying to remove a sticker. [ATTACH]150181
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1504190037.938833.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	150181  
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:36 PM   #471

Like it! Looks quite good. Mind if I ask how much the dealer/FR charged? I want to order two cabinet doors for the dinette and a counter extension through my dealer.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:10 PM   #472

$40 for a 4x8 sheet. No shipping I guess they hauled it in a new unit
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by s10texan View Post
No kidding? I just logged in to research the possibility of upgrading my 195BH to 15" wheels/tires, but wanted to know if the larger size would be a problem. There's my answer!

s10texan
Great idea. I'll have to do this as my dump tube is ready close to the ground. Haven't scrapped yet but scares me. That 1/2" may really help.
Ttramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #474

Sometimes when we are camping we go to some event or something that may wife will dress up just a little. She has always complained that there is no place to hang something that she really does not want to get wrinkled, (go thing she does not worry too much about what I wear). So I decided I would do something about that. I had all the material needed stored away, (that is another thing my wife is sometimes not too happy about as she thinks I keep to much stuff). I even had a can of stain that came close enough for who its for to make it okay. I did put a reinforcement piece on the inside of the cabinet to spread out the weight, but I don't think we will ever hang anything too heavy there. Also I used locking nuts so they should not get loose on me.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Clothes Hanging Place 1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	150424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clothes Hanging Place 2.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	150425  
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:52 PM   #475

That's a good idea, we've been trying to figure out some sort of shoe storage for that area. The two could work together in that spot I think.

Old 09-02-2017, 04:09 PM   #476

Show storage would be a great idea. My shoes short of find their way to that area anyway. I could see adding like a two level rack under there for shoe storage. I guess I have another project for this weekend.

Of course my wife makes me sleep on the wall side of the bed, so I guess I really have to watch my head now. She told me it might do me some good to knock it every once in a while.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #477

How much (if any) water do you all find stuck underneath the bottom side of the trailer floor and the black, underside tarp/cover? It seems I find a small bit pool under there at times. I've stuck a small hole or two in the cover at the low points it pools at and make certain to check from time to time, but curious as to whether this is a common enough thing to have small amounts under there or something I should be taking it in for.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #478

Followed others and added support to the front nose area of the bed. May never be of issue but surprising still that there was nothing there from the factory. Added another piece along the floor to keep the often-used containers from sliding out of reach, went to town with the label maker on all and feeling organized. Not so much seen, added cable staple things to route the coax to the hatch and the extension chord toward the outlet beside the bed, and I'd previously split the hinged part of the bed to open as two separate pieces for easier access to the right side. TV mounts at the foot of the bed with all cables/power run through the wardrobe.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8780.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	151072  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #479
Explore

Trailer Tire Bulge

On our last camp trip one of my trailer tires pressure dropped from 65 PSI to 52 PSI. Filled it backup and the next morning pressure dropped again to 52 PSI. After removing the tire I found a small bulge near the inside top of the sidewall (photo). Tire has about 11K miles on it. The tire is defective, but the small compensation received did not justify pursing the claims process with the manufacturer.

These tires came new with our 2016 CL 195BH. They are Power King, Tow Max STR, ST 205/75/R15 Load Range D, manufactured in Feb 2014 from China. I do not trust further miles on these tires with our single axle trailer. Going to replace both tires (keeping the mostly unused Tow Max as a spare) with Goodyear Endurance trailer tires, same specifications. My local tire shop said these new USA made Goodyear Endurance tires have a stronger sidewall.

Anyone running their trailers on Goodyear Endurance tires? Feedback appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tire Bulge.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	151284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Power King Tow Max Trailer Tire.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	151285  
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #480

No but the Goodyear endurance are the tires we are planning to get before next season starts.