Old 02-28-2016, 10:17 AM   #21
Never Stop Exploring

Thank you Terier. Like you, we hope to be 5 or more years down the road and still lovin our CL. We have a lot of trips already booked for 2016. As time goes by we look forward to sharing our information/experiences and learn from our fellow Cruise Liters out there.

Camp4two

Old 02-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Thank you Terier. Like you, we hope to be 5 or more years down the road and still lovin our CL. We have a lot of trips already booked for 2016. As time goes by we look forward to sharing our information/experiences and learn from our fellow Cruise Liters out there.

Camp4two
I just noticed your location - maybe some day our paths will cross while out camping.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:33 PM   #23
Never Stop Exploring

A possibility. Our So Cal trips this summer are to San Diego Bay in June and July. We camp there every summer usually for a week each month to get away from the hot LV sun.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:28 AM   #24

Bushbunch, I have the same model but a 2016, and had the same dinette table issue. I discovered the the table just needed to be turned around (which leaves the laminate table edge trim seam (where the two ends meet) towards the window instead of out facing the isle which it was) This gave an extra inch to lower the shade. A simple fix. You might try this. I also added an extra battery on the hitch by simply cutting the two ends off of the black plastic battery cases and joining them together with gorilla black tape! Works like a charm. My trade in hybrid had two batteries and the lite just came with one. So I requested to keep one from my trade in for this purpose. I also had a battery disconnect switch installed by the dealer on the front hitch. Love our new TT and can't wait to try it out in about 3 weeks!

2016 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
Gary G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:53 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbunch View Post
We purchased a 261bhxl (2015 model) in 2014. Here is my shake down list:
1The shower sprayer connection on the tub! The sprayer was not even close to being tight, causing a flood that ran all the way to the bunk in the front. This flood could easily have caused a lot of damage.
2. The tub access panel does not cover the hole in the side wall of the tub. The hole was cut too large. This is gap is over a 1/2 inch and is very long. This is just sloppy.
3. The shower curtain track is not mounted close to the shower head. Water can easily run out. This could be corrected in other units.
4. Had to remount both closet rods next to the bed. Clothes could not be hung because the rods were too close to the door.
5. Minor issue ; drain plug in the shower broken in half.
6. The dinette table is too close to the window which does not allow the shade to close all the way. This could be corrected in other units.
7. The thermostat is located directly above two heat ducts! Temperatures in the main living area are four degrees cooler when the control calls to shut down the heat.
8. The light over the dinette is mounted crooked. Can more care be taken to mount the light to parallel the wall?
9. Our unit does not have the outside kitchen and bumper mounted grill. We don't expect that a extra door be mounted on the outside where the kitchen would be but an entire large storage space, under the double lower bunk goes un-utilized! How about putting a hole in the board under the bunk? As the dinette seat storage works so can the back bunk!!!
Replaced the broken refrigerator access door, replaced the missing bedroom blind and added piston rods to the queen bed to allow easier access to under bed storage.
The board under the double bunk lifts up and you can use the storage area. That's where our winter clothes are.

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:22 PM   #26
Never Stop Exploring

FR Makes Three 195BH Trailers

For 195BH owners/potential buyers, FR makes three bunkhouse trailers in this size. All three are Factory Select (built in limited quantities) and have the exact same floorplans. They are:

1. Evo 195BH
2. Salem Cruise Lite 195BH
3. Wildwood X-Lite 195BH

The FR Evo and Wildwood trailer forums may also be good resources to find/share information. Dealerships only sell one of these models. For example, in LV, NV new Evo, Salem Cruise Lite and Wildwood X-Lite trailers are available, but from different LV dealers.

Hope this helps potential buyers looking for a 195BH trailer, thinking Salem Cruise Lite is the only model out there.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:39 PM   #27
Never Stop Exploring

Next week our new 195BH will get another 4 days camping with both hookups and dry camping to further break in the trailer. Will share any new issues we find.

Something additional things we have done:
1. Silicone caulked every wall joint in the shower and around the tub. FR did a mediocre job sealing the shower walls and tub. Now the shower area is completely water tight.

2. Installed cable TV coax cable wall plate and cable. Our trailer did not not come pre-wired for cable TV. The roof mounted TV antenna is optional equipment on 195BH models and with the roof antenna comes pre-wired cable.

3. Moved our spare tire to the front storage compartment. We just like the cleaner look of the bumper without the covered spare hanging on it. Better security and weather protection to keep it inside the trailer. The tire carrier is just okay. Noticeable movement on it with our 15 inch spare. Two 3/8 inch large U bolts clamp it to the bumper. Just seemed flimsy.

After next week our 2016 195BH will have 9 days of camping. So far, very happy with our Cruise Lite. More to follow.......
Old 03-04-2016, 01:45 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawntan View Post
I do not have a sagging problem since I have a a heavy duty shocks.
However I do feel the sway on windy conditions.
is it possible to just install the sway control without the distributing hitch bars and chains ? Because all I need is to control the sway, not the sagging.
I'm ordering eaz lift, and looking at the following video it seems like the sway control and the weight distributing are two separate independent system
Hensley Cub hitch ,
jlgail4309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:37 AM   #29
Gold Miner At Heart

When we camp we always attach the brass water pressure regulator to the campground faucet instead of our water inlet. Serves the same results . FYI. Congrats on the new unit.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:52 AM   #30
Never Stop Exploring

Water Pressure Regulator Location

Thank you. Agree the water pressure regulator can work at either end. But if you put it into the trailer inlet and leave it there permanently, everytime you attach your hose you are threading into the regulator (or into a 45 or 90 degree brass elbow ahead of the regulator if used). This way you are not continuesly wearing the plastic (or better brass) female threads and seal at the water inlet.

The 195BH water inlet is located in the rear. Many trailers have the water inlet on the side. May not be as good a permanent connection on side inlet trailers as it sticks out, but for rear inlets it is out of the way. We just cover it when traveling or in storage.

« Winterizing | - »