Old 06-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #81
Never Stop Exploring

The Dometic overhead a/c is loud but cools the trailer very well on the lowest speed. The noise is normal. Did you turn on your a/c during your pre-delivery inspection? We have only used our a/c occasionally and the noise has not been an issue for us.

We also found right away the trailer needed front stabilizer jacks. Our dealer had them in stock and installed them for just the cost of the jacks, about $60. FR should have nstalled front stabilizer jacks on all these trailers.

Don't know who did the dinette conversion to a loveseat and cabinet but hopefully he/she will reply and send a photo.

Sorry to hear your 195BH is not sized right for your family. Our 2016 has been a great trailer for the wife and I.

ST205/75/R15/D trailer tires
Camp4two is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyfamily View Post
We have a WW X-Lite FS 195BH and took it to an RV park for the first time last weekend. One thing my wife and I noticed was the overhead A/C (upgrade over the window unit) is VERY loud! We can barely hear the TV with the A/C on. Is this normal?

Also, we are finding out real quick that this trailer is too small for our family of 4. We really wish our RV dealer wouldn't have suggested this one to us. She hates it so much that she wants us to sell it. I like the RV lifestyle but if my wife isn't happy no one is.

Also is there a way to install stabilizer jacks on the front? We noticed how easily the trailer shakes up near the bed due to not having stabilizers there.
I don't know how old your kids are but, I can see it being too small for a family of 4. We are a family of 3, our daughter is only 4 and there are times where I wish we had gotten one with a slide with her bouncing around and we are trying to cook it is way too tight.

We did add front stabilizer jacks to ours it helps a lot, if your at all handy it's something you can do yourself. We had the dealer install ours, due to my husband having surgery right after we got it last year, and when we de-winterized this year most of the bolts, if you can call them bolt's, broke. They had used sheet metal screws, so we replace them all with bolts that won't snap from sitting all winter.

I hope you can do some mods to make your wife happy enough so you can enjoy your trailer or are able to find something that is a little better for you family.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:59 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyfamily View Post
We have a WW X-Lite FS 195BH...Also, we are finding out real quick that this trailer is too small for our family of 4...

...Also is there a way to install stabilizer jacks on the front? We noticed how easily the trailer shakes up near the bed due to not having stabilizers there.
I also have a WW x-Lite 195BH and a family of four. Yes, it is very "cozy" especially on rainy days but we manage because weíre building memories.

We opted for the window AC and find it works fine for us here in New England. I imaging it would not do too well in the hotter areas of the country.

Like you, we also had shaking issues with only the two installed stabilizer jacks. I have improved the steadiness of our trailer buy using a good set of large rubber chocks on one tire (I bought them at Harbor Freight with the 20% off coupon), a BAL single tire locking chock on the other tire (purchased through Amazon), and a set of four aluminum, stacking stabilizer jacks (purchased through an on-line RV store Ė sorry I forget which one). Using these products as well as the two installed jacks, the trailer hardly moves. Set up time and packing up time does take a little longer and you need to make sure you have blocks for the jacks especially if you boondock (found that out the hard way) but the improved stability is worth the time.

If you look close in the photo of our trailer that Iíve attached, you can see the aluminum jacks. Since you canít see the BAL locking chock, Iíve also included a photo of it around the spare so you can have a visual. Sorry the photo is upside down. It was fine on my laptop when I uploaded it. Guess the digital gremlins want to make this challenging.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Indianhead Resort 2014 #007.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	507.1 KB
ID:	111539   Click image for larger version

Name:	BAL chock #06.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	391.2 KB
ID:	111540  
Old 06-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #84
Never Stop Exploring

Mr. B: Nice photo of your WW 195BH. I like your awning lights. Do you recall where you bought them?

daybreak: Thank you for your comment about the weak sheet metal screws holding the stabilizer jacks. I noticed a couple of our stabilizers had started to come loose from traveling. I will be replacing those sheet metal screws with bolts. I never thought of doing that.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #85

The next weekend we go camping will be July 4th weekend so I want to try to get the stabilizer jacks on the front done. How easy is this? I was looking at the underside of our trailer yesterday and noticed that it curves up at one point up front. Would I need to install them on the flat part in front of the steps? Do these just bolt into the frame?

Our kids are 4 and 7 and we definitely see how this is too small. Hopefully once we remove the dinette and install the love seat it will make it seem bigger. Also wish the bunk had a ladder so that my daughter would stop using the dinette seatback as a step.

Here's a link to the post about the loveseat conversion: Anyone else have a ST195BH?

Does anyone know how to remove the dinette?

We will have to make due for now since I already got a few quotes on a trade in value and even though we got a killer deal on our trailer I would still be taking a bath for trade in.

Also, is there any way to install an inverter that would allow the fridge to be powered by the towing vehicle so that it would be running while we are on the road?
Old 06-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #86

My husband assured me all you need is a drill, and you bolt it to the frame just at the end right where is just starts to bend up.
Old 06-19-2016, 09:31 PM   #87
Never Stop Exploring

Harveyfamily: If your refrigerator runs on propane or 110v electric you can run it on propane while on the road. Just turn it on w/propane the day before you leave on your trip as it takes a few hours to get the refrigerator cold. The refrigerator is very efficient, does not use much propane.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:32 PM   #88

It's a matter of opinion, we think it's the perfect size for our family of 4. But we also go camping to enjoy the outdoors and not sit inside. The only time we are inside is for sleeping, bathing, or extreme bad weather. Had the unit for a few years now and the TV has only been on a handful of times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2016, 02:51 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp4two View Post
Harveyfamily: If your refrigerator runs on propane or 110v electric you can run it on propane while on the road. Just turn it on w/propane the day before you leave on your trip as it takes a few hours to get the refrigerator cold. The refrigerator is very efficient, does not use much propane.
Unfortunately our fridge is 120v only, dorm type fridge. I'd love to upgrade this to one that also runs on propane but aren't sure if this trailer is even wired up to allow this.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:29 PM   #90
Happy Camper

We started out with an 18 foot hybrid camper, and actually it was o.k. However, my wife didn't like the feeling of sleeping in a tent in thunderstorms. So I went shopping and saw a 262BHXL (with a slide) and I knew it was the right camper for us. We sold our old one (bought it cheap anyhow), and bought the brand new one. Now we have room, even when the weather is bad. If the weather is good, we don't spend much time in the camper. It is good to have a bit of floor space for the grandkids, though. Especially if you want to set up one of those playpens.

Here is my point: I think something close to 30 feet is ideal for a family of four, especially if it has a slide. That is, if you can afford it and if you can afford a half ton truck to pull it. And later the kids will want to bring friends!

« Winterizing | - »