Old 09-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
CruiseLite 261BHXL

Hey to the forum and have some questions.

1. Does anyone have a CruiseLite 261BHXL and, if so, can you advise whether it has a freshwater fill that is gravity fed? Since this coach only carries 28 gallons of freshwater, I will need to add water periodically via water jugs. I'm hearing some models only have a connection that requires a pressurized source due to a check valve and this worries me.

2. Anyone with a CruiseLite 261BHXL, I would appreciate hearing how you like it and how it has treated you.

JET2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:44 AM   #2
Site Team
First off , Welcome to the forum.
I dont have your unit, but there should be a fill port someplace outside or in the storage area.

Dealer should have covered this in your PDI.

Next year is here - GO CUBS- 4 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 89 nights of camping
Platokidd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
I should have clarified. My wife and I ordered our unit, but it has to be built and will not be in until the end of October. I was trying to find out ahead of time if this was going to be a problem.
JET2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #4
We have a 2013 Cruise lite 261BHXL and we were able to pour a gallon jug of bleach and water mixture in it in the back fill area where you can also attach the hose, but they will definitely go over all that when you pick it up hopefully.

As far as liking it, it suits our purpose, we had a lot of issues with it when we first bought it. The power motor on the jacks (on both) went within in our first camping trip. The dealer had to replace them twice. The craftsmanship is a little on the cheap side as our curtain to our bunk area is tearing away from the wall and fraying as well as falling off the track, (we never use it) some of the moldings are falling down. All the aluminum blinds have broken from the strings that hold them at the top to the actual cranks that close them. The stitching on our dining table cushions has started to unravel as well.

We bought this because we needed an affordable camper to get us back in to camping as we have a little one and we did not want to tent camp with her. It is good over all starter camper you do get a lot of camper for the money, just wish it was made a little better. We did have to replace the dometic toilet due to a recall but that is not Salem's fault.
2013 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL
2003 Chev 2500HD Duramax
DH DD ME & 2 Dogs
Outdoor Girl is offline   Reply With Quote