Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06081969 View Post
Things will break and have to be fixed here and there, but for the most part they are a lot more fun than they are trouble.
Second this!!!
FrankM1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM1103 View Post

Second this!!!
2nd!
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #43

FR warranty and parts dept.

Well the rest of the story is still unfolding. Last week I received a call from the dealer stating that the cabinet doors have arrived, but that the door company did not make a couple of cuts on the refrigerator panels. The dealer will make them. Also, the slide motor, that FR said was already sent is no where to be found at the repair shop. So, I called the FR rep, and they agreed to overnight a slide motor and slide seal. Today, I get a call from the dealer that the slide motor sent is a used one, and it is rusted!! Looks like it was just sitting outside in the weather they said. They are trying to convince the FR factory that a NEW one is needed. I am very angry at this whole mess. FR must have some really stupid folks working there. As soon as I get this trailer back, it will go up for sale before the next thing happens.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardE View Post
Well the rest of the story is still unfolding. Last week I received a call from the dealer stating that the cabinet doors have arrived, but that the door company did not make a couple of cuts on the refrigerator panels. The dealer will make them. Also, the slide motor, that FR said was already sent is no where to be found at the repair shop. So, I called the FR rep, and they agreed to overnight a slide motor and slide seal. Today, I get a call from the dealer that the slide motor sent is a used one, and it is rusted!! Looks like it was just sitting outside in the weather they said. They are trying to convince the FR factory that a NEW one is needed. I am very angry at this whole mess. FR must have some really stupid folks working there. As soon as I get this trailer back, it will go up for sale before the next thing happens.
You have a FR rep. #?

Are you at liberty to share?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:26 PM   #45

Get out...get out now!
Tom Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #46
Just my opinion

Sorry you've had problems with the cabinets. We've had our Salem for 5 months now, and the only problem we've had with the cabinets is when I slammed my head on the base of one of them while bending over. Ouch! Good luck with getting this all fixed, and you have more patience than I think I would be having.

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2013 - days engaged in camping so for... (28)
normh915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #47

Finally got trailer back

Well, after numerous calls to FR and Dealer, everything seems to have been repaired. 10 cab doors replaced! Slide seems ok for now. Problem is that I no longer trust the workmanship on this trailer, but hope it doesn't have more problems.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #48

Hang in there, Richard. I thought the same thing about my last FR unit, but after the dealer and FR worked through all my complaints, I never had another minute's trouble out of it. I sold it, but it wasn't because of any problems. It was just too big and too much money. The overall quality of it was actually quite good. I miss it, but I have one now that is a little more my speed affordability-wise. Most likely, your problems are over. If you sell it now and buy another new one, you'll probably just have a new batch of initial quality issues to work through. Go check out forums for owners of all the other manufacturers. You'll find the same gripes about the other brands that you do FR.
2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #49

We bought our 2005 Salem T25 9 months ago and the only problem that we've had with it is having to upgrade the 4.6 F150 to a 7.3 F250. I HATE when that happens!
2002 Ford F250 CC SB 4X2, 7.3 PSD, auto, 3.73LS
1998 Ford F150 SCab, 4.6, auto, 4x2 w/3.55 (Gone But Not Forgotten)

phinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinner View Post
We bought our 2005 Salem T25 9 months ago and the only problem that we've had with it is having to upgrade the 4.6 F150 to a 7.3 F250. I HATE when that happens!
Wow! What a sacrifice... hope you're adjusting!

Ha ha ha