Old 12-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #31
Site Team

I had my Salem 2 years + and haven't experienced any of the issues listed but I can understand how you must feel about your cabinets as well as the concern with the slideout.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #32

Sorry to hear about all your issues.Hopefully the will be taken care of quickly,so as not to aggravate the situation more as is the case when you receive bad service.

1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #33

RichardE,
No matter what manufacture or model you buy there are bound to be problems. Even the top dollar trailers have issues. It might take you several trips before you get the bugs worked out, but after that you should be good to go. I would go around and check the trailer out with a fine tooth comb, as they say. Make sure you check all the water connections to make sure they are tight. Check all electrical outlets to make sure they work properly. Then make a complete list of all the problems you fine so when you take it to the dealer for warranty repairs, they can do it all at one time. Good luck and hang in there.
Tom
Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #34

Richard.....We have had our Salem LA 292FKDS for 2+ years and have had our share of issues but no issues at all with the cabinets or with the radio.
Warranty has taken care of any and all issues that we have had.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #35
Site Team

While I did post about not having any problems this comment can't be of comfort to the member experiencing problems with 10 cabinets. A problem with one cabinet is one too many and even 5 or 6 would be extreme much less than 10. Hopefully this matter will be taken care of properly.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #36

Thanx for your concerns

Terier, thanx. I able to repair most things myself, but obviously the cabinet maker, Nicks Cabinets, does crummy work. Who ever heard of cabinet door frames being stapled together without glue..... I am waiting for the dealer to get FR approval. And hopefully new doors will color match my existing cabinets. If not, I'll be paying a visit to the FR folks myself.......
Old 12-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #37

We bought our T21FBS in April 2011 from Camping World in Tucson. The problems were written about on this forum if you have the time or inclination to look them up. Once Lazydays took over the warranty work from Camping World the problems were all resolved, and, 'touch wood' all has been fine ever since. This TT called out to us as soon as we got in it, and we are still really happy with it - both layout and build.

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #38

The continuing story

Today, after 3 weeks of my trailer sitting around the Camping World Roseville yard, the service manager said he would 'Finally' be submitting the warranty paperwork to replace all 10 of my cabinet doors, and 2 drawer fronts. All of them coming apart. Also, the seal around my slide is ripped, and the tech found that my slide motor is defective. No wonder my slide moves so slowly. And the original purchase dealer told me that was the way they just are! So, I'll be waiting patiently for the factory's response. And, maybe rethinking my Salem choice. Just wanted this out there in case others are doing more research than I did on the quality issue. And I needed to vent.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #39

I have a 2007 Salem 392FLFB. What ever could go wrong has gone wrong with it. The final straw was during closing up for this winter. The slide out motor electrical terminal rusted off, and the hydraulic shafts rusted. If you were to see my unit it is as clean and pristine as the day it was delivered. The list of repairs to everything over the years is hard to believe! I just placed my order for a new Cedar Creek fifth wheel.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #40

Can't speak for the Salem in particular, but I would remind you that the most vocal people on these forums are those who are frustrated. Out of the tens of thousands of RVs that Forest River sells under the different brands they manufacture, there are relatively few on here complaining about them. I had a few initial quality issues with my rig in the first camping season with it, and I came on here and lambasted FR. Now I'm ashamed of it because they and my dealer worked through every complaint I had, and some of them were just ignorance of how the darned thing worked on my part. So, enjoy your Salem and realize that campers ain't like cars. Things will break and have to be fixed here and there, but for the most part they are a lot more fun than they are trouble.

2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.4 Powerstroke
Firestone Ride-Rites w/cab control
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote