Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #1

Question Documentation ?

hi Folks.

Bought our Salem FLBK 38 foot last October, had it winterized and closed up, and now am looking forward to a full season.
My problem is this...all winter i have tried to find detailed documentation for the camper to learn all the things i need to know, and can not find any. Even called FR, and was sent a general overall document.
Anyone know where i can get some details... like maybe a wiring diagram, plumbing diagram, cable connection locations, where the water pump ... ETC...
or am I on my own.. except of course all you good folks that help all the time.

Thanks in advance.
chfan558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
Always Learning

You're on your own. And in fact, you've reached your question limit for the forum. Good luck!

Ok, I'm a jerk. I'm kidding on the question limit. What you found is accurate- documentation / owners manuals for the camper suck. You sort of have to find it on your own and ask questions here or there. I started a blog (still generic as I don't know specific campers and the models change so often) for just this reason; to help newbies get started.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:13 PM   #3

thanks it is all good.. i figured in was on my own...
Old 05-01-2015, 03:24 PM   #4

Thats not true. There is a lot of very good information on this site that will help you get through just about anything and probably answer any question you have, most times with pictures included. You are definitely not on your own.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
Site Team

Almost no RV manufacturers provide model specific manuals.
Nearly all only provide a generic owners manual.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
Site Team

Your dealer should have provided you with a detailed inventory sheet showing model number and serial number for all installed third party components. Once you get that, go to the manufacturers web site and get the owners manual for the individual devices. The previous TT I owned provided me with a large loose leaf notebook that included ALL the manuals for the installed third party equipment.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #7

X2 what flybob said.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:01 PM   #8
Always Learning

Documentation ?

Sadly, I didn't get anything like what Flybob describes. And, I think the OP bought his trailer used.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sadly, I didn't get anything like what Flybob describes. And, I think the OP bought his trailer used.
I've bought 4 new trailers since Aug 2006 and all had a manual composed of the various owners manuals of the appliances, etc. Only 2 were FR products and they also had the various manuals in a notebook/canvas pouch with FR stamped on them.

You got ripped ependydad!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I've bought 4 new trailers since Aug 2006 and all had a manual composed of the various owners manuals of the appliances, etc. Only 2 were FR products and they also had the various manuals in a notebook/canvas pouch with FR stamped on them.

You got ripped ependydad!

I wasn't clear - I got manuals but not a list of appliances with serial numbers.

Getting gipped- sounds like my dealer's style, though.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I wasn't clear - I got manuals but not a list of appliances with serial numbers.

Getting gipped- sounds like my dealer's style, though.
I should have added, all 4 "manuals" were all but useless, would have "circle filed" them, but TOWTA said no and put them somewhere in the camper and I guess the other 3 went with the trailers and knowing her, we still have one which is why we're over loaded on the truck!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #12
Site Team

Inventory sheet is a multi-copy carbon paper doc that is sent to the dealer from FR with new units. The dealer uses it ( or should ) like a packing list to receive in the RV. I had to push my dealer to go find mine. Copy attached below ( sorry not a great pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150501_215852.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	75870  

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Inventory sheet is a multi-copy carbon paper doc that is sent to the dealer from FR with new units. The dealer uses it ( or should ) like a packing list to receive in the RV. I had to push my dealer to go find mine. Copy attached below ( sorry not a great pic)
Wow we too have owned 4 trailers over the years & never saw any thing like your picture...... But now I know that there is such an animal....... Got the manuals not not an inventory sheet.........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:29 AM   #14
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Wow we too have owned 4 trailers over the years & never saw any thing like your picture...... But now I know that there is such an animal....... Got the manuals not not an inventory sheet.........

I e heard other people mention/picture it. Sounds like it is 50/50 as to who does and doesn't get them.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:56 AM   #15

We received a list with our new trailer as shown in the picture. Previous trailer we bought used and with some work (opening panels, etc.) I assembled an inventory list, which I used to search the manufacturer sites, and this forum to assemble user manuals, install manuals, and troubleshooting guides.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:19 AM   #16

WOW....Thanks a lot everyone. I did buy it used. I have manuals but they are all very general, and not specific. General info for the trialer itself as well. I would have thought that there would be something with details on the camper itself. For example. this weekend i opened my camper, cleaned the site, had cable turned on to watch the derby, had to ask one of the other campers where i connect the service to the trailer ? (this is my first camper, and first year) that kind of stuff is kind of annoying not to be be able to find in model specific manual. that all.. Thanks Again all. I will continue on this forum, because you are all very generous with your information and experience...so thanks a lot.