Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #21

The foot stroke or extension is 18". Either will fit, with the 24" providing more lift on the front end of the trailer. If you boondock/backcoutry a lot, the extra extension will be useful. I have some 4x6 wood blocks I use up front anyway.

2008 Toy Tundra DC 5.7L Bagged w/LTs
Hensley Arrow
2012 Windjammer 3001W, Atriumed
JoeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
Just measured the hole in the frame after removing the manual jack temporarily. It's 2 1/4" this is my 2009 Forest River Salem 30QBSS. I'm gonna order my Barker unit armed with this info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Cool thanks good to know. I'm going to order soon but wait for the weather to warm up some before installing.
I got mine off eBay $210.00 Shipping included
jim44646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #23

Bought a Barker 3500 for around 189.00 on ebay. Best money ever spent!
aujmr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #24

Our trailer came with a Lippert 1300 (3,500 lbs. rating). On our second camping trip it would go down but not up, had to manually crank it. When it worked it always sounded like it was a major chore for it to raise our trailer. It was quite loud and the gear box sounded like gears were grinding while in use. Took it to CW they said the switch was bad but everything else was OK. They said the Lipperts are louder??? The following season it died again and I had to tap the motor to get it to work. Had enough of that so I did some research and bought a Husky HB4500. It is super quiet and raises my trailer with minimum effort. I bought this model because it also has an adjustable drop leg. Would highly recommend this unit. Two seasons so far without any issues. Cost was $200.
nycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

To all who commented, positively or negatively, to my earlier reply on page one, (do a search because topic has been covered recently", thanks for the comments, good and otherwise. As a moderator, I felt it was my job to help new members, and remind old ones, that we have available a "search" function. After being here a few years, and trying to help when I could, I have found that many of the same questions are asked every week or so. I can not assume that everyone that ask a question is computer literate, (forgive, no offense to anyone), or even knows how to use this forum, or any other forum. There is a learning curve for all, me included, and I have been on computers since before windows ever came around. Maybe that was a harsh comment to some, but really I was trying to educate us all, that there is a way to a faster answer sometimes. Want some fun homework? Search on winterize, and see how many post you get, or water heater bypass. I do realize disk space for storing all this seems cheap, but running this website is not, and I was here when there were no sponsors, and it was all volunteer. Much cleaner site, no sponsor adds, and all was good, but space and time, and cost, to control it became a problem. Now there are sponsors, and the bigger it gets, the more time, the more space, and the more cost.

Now back to our regularly scheduled post. I bought a Husky 3500 pound off an Ebay dealer, actually a real dealer that ran them on Ebay. Less that $200 shipped to the door. It's a new design, using ball bearings, not many reviews when I bought it, but I took a chance. Very quite, as electric jacks go. Speed about the same as others. Comes with an adjustable foot, height wise, and after one season of use, love it. It will pick up a 1000 pound tongue weight camper, and the Ford F150 hooked to it, and never really slow down. It has a brake on it, with a release handle, and manual crank, two options that are must have in my opinion. After sitting for 3 months, I checked today, and th jack has not drifted downward. Some will.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #26

Windrider thanks for the review on the Husky as I never paid any attention to the feature of a brake. This is a great option as you mention if some jacks drift down that will put more stress on the stabilizers (I keep mine down even at home as we are always going in and out).
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote