Old 06-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #11
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

If you've ever had a house built, you may remember that, in addition to any remaining punch list items, the builder also gave you a one year builder's warranty to cover any items that may not be up to par.

RV's are really no different except that, as they bounce along the highways and byways, things come loose and so forth. Plus there's the learning curve of owning new RV and exercising all the systems properly.

I'm on my second Forest River fifth wheel and have never a problem that didn't have a relatively simple fix or was attributable to operator error

Work your way thru the first couple of outings, get familiar with the way the systems are supposed to work (these forums are a great learning tool) and consult with you dealer on the stuff that is warranty work. You chose a dealer that was some distance away instead of working with one nearby, so the travel time is what it is

Breathe deeply and carry on

2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #12

Yes, propane is on. The water heater, stove and fridge works. When I turn the furnace on the blower comes for about 30 seconds and then just shuts off.

2016 nights camped so far 120
Craigban157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigban157 View Post
Thanks for the reply and the offer to help.
Pilot light will not light, yes the stovetop works and the hot water heater, propane tanks are full.
Not trying to insult you, but did you follow the correct procedure for lighting the pilot? It can be tricky.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #14

The only issue with my brand new Coachmen FE 292bhds is that the converter was not working properly. It was replaced under warranty in 4 days. I don't think it's fair to say that all FR products have global quality issues or are worse than other manufacturers.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Not trying to insult you, but did you follow the correct procedure for lighting the pilot? It can be tricky.
No insult taken, I am new to this and welcome any and all help. I did follow the owners manual for lighting the pilot. Did I miss something?
Old 06-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Takes about year to work all the bugs out, so hang in there. The warranty process can take some time as well. The more you can fix / replace yourself the better.
That's what worries me is the long warranty process, I don't want it tied up for the best part of the summer. You are right about fixing or replacing things yourself. I know I can fix or replace most anything on it, but I really shouldn't have to while it is still under warranty.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #17
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Furnace will lock out after 3-4 try then you'll have to shut it down and try again.
I think you need to work out the air.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
Old 06-09-2015, 02:13 PM   #18
DDC

PDI by customer, sorry you are having such problem but lay the blame mostly on the selling dealer for not doing the PDI where most of these issues would have been caught by a real dealer.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSaints View Post
Sorry to hear about the problems. The RV industry has problems as a whole and no brand/manufacturer is perfect. This is the exact reason a PDI is important, very important and CRUCIAL.

Did you get a full PDI? Meaning did they fill the tanks, start everything and show you that everything functioned and how to operate it?

In addition to that, I know you have a warranty but often times you can address most common problems yourself. Have you done troubleshooting on the heater (is it a propane problem, ignitor, thermostat) and pump (loose connection, cracked housing, valve in the wrong position)? The CD there is not much troubleshooting other than seeing if any of the features work.

If you can get some things worked out yourself you may be better off not dropping it off so you can camp for the summer and then drop it off later after the season to get the remining things done. My dealer told me if I need anything done I can bring it there for assessment, take it back home with me, they will order parts and get authorization then I can bring it back to get the work done so it is not just sitting there idle and me not being able to use it. This only works for smaller non-crucial repairs.

Also, did you get the 2nd year warranty, this second year helps with what I mentioned above.

Good luck and let us know what happens and what you decide to do.
Thanks for the reply.
The dealer did do the PDI (sort of) and they said they filled the propane tanks. But after being on this forum with every ones help I should have asked more questions and asked for more details from the dealer. I guess the good thing is it has been a learning experience for me and will know what to look for and ask next time. I did ask about the 2nd year warranty, but was told they no longer offer it.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #20
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigban157 View Post
That's what worries me is the long warranty process, I don't want it tied up for the best part of the summer. You are right about fixing or replacing things yourself. I know I can fix or replace most anything on it, but I really shouldn't have to while it is still under warranty.
You have a decision to make then, swallow the fact that either you fix it and go camping this summer or take it to the dealer and sit home and brood about it being under warranty and having to miss a summer camping. JMO

Tags
forest river