Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2016, 09:52 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
Smile Tie me down

I'm going crazy. We are 6 days away from getting our 171 and it is all we can do to keep ourselves from camping out in the lot. Have to say the purchase order was quite an experience. We actually look at a very similar to about 5 years ago but could not afford the $$$$$. Needless to say we are both surprised that after looking at 20-30 TT from various dealers when finally settled for the same TT design we wanted 5 years ago. Only hitch is that by the time we made your mind the TT we wanted sold. 2 days before and that was the only one they had so had to get one ordered. Never thought fr would actually have to build it but 10 weeks later and our TT finally came in. Dealer found a couple of issues with it and has ordered the parts, which if I am lucky will be in next week. Due to pick it up next Friday....... It looks like a fine TT with lots of room for the two of us. We have done lot of camping but with a camper. This is our first TT and I have been scouring the Web like crazy to pick up any tip I can about TT so thanks everyone
__________________

__________________
Serge G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:19 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
crunchman12001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Posts: 1,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge G View Post
I'm going crazy. We are 6 days away from getting our 171 and it is all we can do to keep ourselves from camping out in the lot. Have to say the purchase order was quite an experience. We actually look at a very similar to about 5 years ago but could not afford the $$$$$. Needless to say we are both surprised that after looking at 20-30 TT from various dealers when finally settled for the same TT design we wanted 5 years ago. Only hitch is that by the time we made your mind the TT we wanted sold. 2 days before and that was the only one they had so had to get one ordered. Never thought fr would actually have to build it but 10 weeks later and our TT finally came in. Dealer found a couple of issues with it and has ordered the parts, which if I am lucky will be in next week. Due to pick it up next Friday....... It looks like a fine TT with lots of room for the two of us. We have ones lot of camping but with a camper. This is our first TT and I have been scouring the web like crazy to pick up any tip I can about TT so thanks everyone
Welcome to the forum from Chagrin Falls, Ohio. Congrats on the new rig.
__________________

__________________
2017 Salem Villa Estate 395RET-Coming soon
2011 Coachman Freedom Express 295RLDS- Sold
2015 F-250 FX4 SUPER DUTY 6.2L Gas 4WD SuperCab XL 3.73 rear / 158" WB / 8' bed. Factory anti-sway and brake controller
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:25 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 26
Serge_g

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new TT. The 171 is our first TT also and we love it. It is just my wife and I and our little dog and it is perfect for our needs and wants. We just completed our 3rd camping trip (3 days) and it just gets better.

Let me know if you have any questions. There are now 3 of us on this forum with the same TT.
__________________
Allan and Angie
with our little dog Phoebe
________________________

2017 Cruise Lite 171rbxl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 270
I suppose I'm one of the three 171s he is referring to. We love ours, had it about 6 months. Camping in Oklahoma now. Let me know if you have questions.
__________________
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
2016 Wildwood Xlite 171 RBXL
2016 Ram 5.7L crewcab.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:40 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Briorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 386
Make that 4 of Us

Serge G....Congrats on your new TT and welcome from Southern Illinois.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
I suppose I'm one of the three 171s he is referring to. We love ours, had it about 6 months. Camping in Oklahoma now. Let me know if you have questions.

We are also 171RBXL owners. Bought ours in January of this year and we truly enjoy it. Since this appears to be a NEW Model this year, I haven't seen many rolling down the road. Nice to hear others are enjoying theirs as much as we do ours.

We have a couple more outings this year before the snow flies, and then it's time to close her up.
__________________
Rick & Brian
1 Happy Camper Pup ( Mya )
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 270
Ours is a 2016. There was a 2015 at the dealer when we bought it. I've not seen a 2017 to know if they've made changes.
We hope to get a couple more months before winterizing.
__________________
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
2016 Wildwood Xlite 171 RBXL
2016 Ram 5.7L crewcab.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 26
CedarCreekWoody --- I guess there are 4 of us now !!! That's great !!!

Ours is the Salem Cruiselite 171rbxl as is BrioRick's. I am really not sure what the differences are though as I have not seen the Wildwood's.

We live in the Tulsa area and so far (only 3 trips) we have stayed in NE Oklahoma for our trips -- since they are just 2 or 3 day stays. Many more are in the planning stages.
__________________
Allan and Angie
with our little dog Phoebe
________________________

2017 Cruise Lite 171rbxl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Briorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarge1 View Post
....I am really not sure what the differences are though as I have not seen the Wildwood's.

Hey Allan,

The only difference between the 2 models, from what I have seen, are the Exterior Graphics / Colors. Inside is a spitting image of ours. Although, I did see where some of the Wildwoods have a fold down carrying rack on the back, which is a nice add-on. Not sure if this is an extra or standard feature.

P.S. Florida was great, we are home now!
__________________
Rick & Brian
1 Happy Camper Pup ( Mya )
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Briorick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Ours is a 2016. There was a 2015 at the dealer when we bought it. I've not seen a 2017 to know if they've made changes.
We hope to get a couple more months before winterizing.

CedarCreekWoody.....I was looking at some pictures of the 2017's and appears that some have the ceiling ducted roof A/C. Not sure if this a new feature or not. Does yours have the ducted A/C?
Other than that, everything else pretty much mimics the other.

We have about a good month or so left for camping in our neck of the woods, so we are hoping for a 4-5 day outing for our last one.
__________________
Rick & Brian
1 Happy Camper Pup ( Mya )
2016 Salem Cruise Lite 171RBXL
2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD LT 4x4 6.0 / 4:10

The best plans can be of those that happen in the spur of the moment!
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 270
They look identical in the photos. Mine does have ducted air, does not have gear carrier on back bumper.
Just spent 3 nights in Stillwater, in Duncan OK tonight then home tomorrow. Back to Broken Bow on Sunday for 5 nights. Fun!
__________________

__________________
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
2016 Wildwood Xlite 171 RBXL
2016 Ram 5.7L crewcab.
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
first time

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 AM.