Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #1

First Trip out over Memorial Day Weekend Cruse lite 282QBXL

So we finally got to take out first trip out over the weekend. We stayed Friday-Monday. I was fortunate enough to actually be able to drop off the Trailer on Wensday. Over all had a great experience with lots of learning involved. My kids had a ball of course, played games and exploring the park fishing and what not. We found that we want to use it more then expected, and well and things we still need to buy, as well as just simple improvements.

We realized, that we need a show rack/holder outside as well as a mat for outside, we built up so much dirt,even sweeping it out daily. The Gray and black tanks get full quickly when not trying to conserve space. Dont stay under someone else resort membership unless it s family and close family, friends are just out the question. Keep kids out of the trailer as much as possible because things break easy especially when they are not your kids as i experienced.

We learned that the AC fan/ heater turn on at the same time if not set properly, i though it was a design flaw yet it was a user error.

we also were given a TV as a gift now i need to install it as well as figure out what all the connections are for above the entertainment center. Also need to eventually figure out how to mount it properly on backing plate.

Would like to do under chassis Lighting and now just trying to figure out my options because i dont want to go LED strips. also want to add led lighting green threw out the trailer for accent lighting.

Thanks for your time.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

Glad you had a good time! You'll be thinking of things/mods for as long as you have your RV! I hope you have many years of fun in your memory maker!
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:08 PM   #3

Sounds like you have quite a 'to do' list. To address the 'dirt' problem, we sometimes have an outside rubber shoe scraper type mat and another one inside the door to help catch dirt.

Welcome to rving! You'll treasure the memories you are making with your kids.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Marshmallow Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Kins View Post

We learned that the AC fan/ heater turn on at the same time if not set properly, i though it was a design flaw yet it was a user error.
I’m glad you mentioned that as I noticed the same thing in ours. I didn’t spend too much time with it as we were just checking things out in the driveway. We will be taking our first trip Fathers Day weekend. I guess that means I have to read the manual

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again.
MSgt Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt Rick View Post
I’m glad you mentioned that as I noticed the same thing in ours. I didn’t spend too much time with it as we were just checking things out in the driveway. We will be taking our first trip Fathers Day weekend. I guess that means I have to read the manual
Well have fun and I have not done it but I read it in another thread. I guess you have to have the fan set to auto not high or low if you are trying to use the furnace. It was only an issues with the a.c. fan coming on when running the furnace not the other way around.

But knowing what I know now, I will take a small space heater now if on park power to conserve propane.

Tags
lite