Old 05-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #11

I have a lot issues with my Sandpiper. every years it's in the shop.
Which it is AGAIN NOW

Old 05-28-2015, 09:58 PM   #12
DDC

I agree that RV quality has a long road to travel, but, so much of what we read on here is dealers who use the customer to do the PDI for them, just let the customer take the unit then fix the lists as they come back, so so much would be caught if even the poorest PDI was done.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:20 PM   #13

I just picked up our Micro Lite 19fd, first night out the front face board fell off the Murphy bed on the leg stand. after inspecting the issue I found the staples they used to install the board were to short. I repaired it myself with trim screws everything else seems to be fine. I know this should have been a dealer repair issue but I am not willing to wait. I love the quality of the unit and how it is built. like I have heard others say, life is to short family is what matters. I have learned it is always about people, and the journey.
The Deans Brownsville Texas
run2jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:19 PM   #14

I've had nothing but trouble with my FR Salem 195bh. Been in the service center longer then I've owned it. The QA department must be blind.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:56 PM   #15
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1k3y2004 View Post
I've had nothing but trouble with my FR Salem 195bh. Been in the service center longer then I've owned it. The QA department must be blind.
There isn't one.....just like the old say'in...s--t happens! My question would be.. didn't any body take the time to look it over, or did we just assume? What happens when something takes a dump at home...just call a repair guy? I hope the younger folks of this generation had some curious thoughts on how stuff works....maybe half of the stuff could be a 5 minute fix.....and understand that these are not made like cars. You work hard for your money, so take alittle time to come up with a solution that saves you money and broadens your knowledge base for lifes next curve ball
Old 06-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
There isn't one.....just like the old say'in...s--t happens! My question would be.. didn't any body take the time to look it over, or did we just assume? What happens when something takes a dump at home...just call a repair guy? I hope the younger folks of this generation had some curious thoughts on how stuff works....maybe half of the stuff could be a 5 minute fix.....and understand that these are not made like cars. You work hard for your money, so take alittle time to come up with a solution that saves you money and broadens your knowledge base for lifes next curve ball
These are very wise words. Sadly my dh didn't have a father to teach him about tools and fixing things. Everything he has done thus far has been self taught. Some things I'm afraid to let him learn on though.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:47 AM   #17
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Went we were grown up , I ran around with an older neighbor kid and very curious about cars and power...I didn't finish high school, I joined the Marines. My whole life has been transportation of any sort, and never having two nickels to rub together, we learned how to fix stuff by asking and watching. Now, I dream up a repair, then think about all the negatives of doing it that way, there-by pondering even more for another solution. Not every one works the first time, so we do it again till it does. I'm not so sure the computer age is all that great, although I do like some of what these things do, and think as electronics evolve, people become stale in ambition.... do they even teach penmanship in schools anymore, or just navigation. My father wasn't a mechanic, he made rubber stamps all his life, and mom was a housewife....so whatever life throws your way, it'll always work out in the end....or a .25 cent piece of lead will fix it, if your brave enough....just thinking out loud.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
I agree that RV quality has a long road to travel, but, so much of what we read on here is dealers who use the customer to do the PDI for them, just let the customer take the unit then fix the lists as they come back, so so much would be caught if even the poorest PDI was done.
+2, a PDI they are payed 1300 or so to do. If they actually do the PDI they have to fix the issues. If they wait they get the 1300 then get paid for all the warranty claims the owner puts in.

X96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, quality