Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2016, 08:09 AM   #1

Fresh water drain on Hemisphere 272RLIS

I have a 2016 Hemisphere 272RLIS TT. I filled the fresh water tank before Hurricane Matthew came through and now want to drain it. All the campgrounds we go to have water. Problem is, I can't find the drain. Anyone know where its located? I have issues with my knees so crawling from one end to the other is a real pain. I look up under and its all covered. Do I need to cut into the covering somewhere? Thanks
palidin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #2

Go to the area where you fill the fresh water tank and look at the outside frame rail under that area it may be there, this is just a guess on my part.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #3

I have a Hemisphere 282RK. My fresh water drain is accessible between the wheels on the entrance door side of the trailer. I need to get on my knees to reach. There are 2 hoses protruding through the enclosed bottom. One is the tank vent & the other is the drain with a valve. Hope the helps.
Obrieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:51 AM   #4

I also have a 272rlis. The tank drain is between the rear wheels.
D-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #5

Ditto. Check near the wheels on the entrance side. This is why mine is located. It isn't convenient as I have to almost lie on the ground to open it. The fresh water vent tube also comes out at this location. I had an issue with the vent tube syphoning out the majority of fresh water from my tank while driving down the road. I had to install a valve on this line too. I slowly fill my tank until water just starts to run from the vent line. Then I shut off the fill hose, wait a minute for excess to drain, then close the vent line. Once you get to your destination and start to use water from the fresh tank, it is very important that you open the valve on the vent line again. If not, you run the very real risk of collapsing your fresh water tank.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrieri View Post
I have a Hemisphere 282RK. My fresh water drain is accessible between the wheels on the entrance door side of the trailer. I need to get on my knees to reach. There are 2 hoses protruding through the enclosed bottom. One is the tank vent & the other is the drain with a valve. Hope the helps.
Lowes48fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 09:54 AM   #6

I have the exact same vent line that you mentioned . On the street side I also have a over flow line . Why is there 2 lines ?
modaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:12 AM   #7

my heritage glen has stickers at the bottom of camper marking the location of the fresh tank drain and the low point drains. they are on opposite sides of the camper. Stand back and look for a tube coming down. My fresh drain is behind the axel twards the back of the camper even though my fill is at the front.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrieri View Post

On my 2017 282RK I have the two drains that you mention. I also have one hose on the other side that drains when I fill my water tank . What is this hose for ? Why would I have 2 vent hoses?
modaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:31 AM   #9

There are 2 lines that are red and blue on the left as you are looking at the sewer dump connector. These are the low drain points for the cold and hot water lines.

The drain for the fresh water tank can be found between the 2 wheels.

2018 Hemisphere 272rl
2017 Ford F250 XLT 4x2 6.2L 3.73
alarge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaholic View Post
I have the exact same vent line that you mentioned . On the street side I also have a over flow line . Why is there 2 lines ?

the one with no valve is the overflow so you know when the tank is full. The one with a valve in the drain hose.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaholic View Post
On my 2017 282RK I have the two drains that you mention. I also have one hose on the other side that drains when I fill my water tank . What is this hose for ? Why would I have 2 vent hoses?
On my 362rd I have two vent/over flow lines. I assume the tank runs across the trailer and it has one on each side incase the camper is not level?
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, water