Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gainesville FL
Posts: 20
My Rockwood (2012) 8319SS came from the factory with the fresh water fill and black water flush connections mislabeled. I just switched the hoses to match the labels. I might suggest filling the fresh water tank and drain it through the faucets and measuring.
__________________

__________________
Rodney-the-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney-the-Rock
My Rockwood (2012) 8319SS came from the factory with the fresh water fill and black water flush connections mislabeled. I just switched the hoses to match the labels. I might suggest filling the fresh water tank and drain it through the faucets and measuring.
Problem is if you overfill fresh tank, its on the ground. If you overfill black tank, its on the flloor around your toilet, no question!
__________________

__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
Pretty convinced that there is some sort of problem as I cannot imagine a 30' rv that costs as much as they do, coming with a fresh water tank that runs out after 2 days of minimal usage. I think I will test the dealers "service after the sale", and see what the can come up with.
__________________
Jimmy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
Update: Spoke with dealership this morning and they informed me that i probably do in fact have a 25 gal FW tank. When i asked why i was told it was 44 they said, unfortunately the RV is not always reflective of what the brochure states. Said they have had other customers who bought FR products have the same issues. I wonder how big (or small) my other tanks really are? VERY disappointed in manufacturer and dealer. That to me is misrepresentation. Thats like buying a truck advertised as a 4 wheel drive only to find out it isn't after you buy it......
__________________
Jimmy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy63 View Post
Update: Spoke with dealership this morning and they informed me that i probably do in fact have a 25 gal FW tank. When i asked why i was told it was 44 they said, unfortunately the RV is not always reflective of what the brochure states. Said they have had other customers who bought FR products have the same issues. I wonder how big (or small) my other tanks really are? VERY disappointed in manufacturer and dealer. That to me is misrepresentation. Thats like buying a truck advertised as a 4 wheel drive only to find out it isn't after you buy it......
Did you not get a bill of sale with all the options and capacities?


Brochures at dealers I've found them to be of the next model year.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
Everything i have states 44 gal
__________________
Jimmy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #17
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,469
Are you sure full was actually full? The one time I filled my FW it seem way too soon that water came out the overflow. So I gave it a minute to settle, started the water up again (a little slower by only opening the valve 1/2 way, then up to full once it was running good) and probably put a good 2-3 times more water in the tank. Spent 2 days camping with 2 toilet training toddlers, who don't know how to conserve water yet, throw in a bath for the two of them, and still had 1/2 tank left when we went home. I'm sure if I had stopped when I first got water out of the overflow, I would have been out of water by lunch time on Saturday.
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy63 View Post
Everything i have states 44 gal
We'll I'd be asking them to get you a 44 gallon then.

If it's stated in the brochure you prolly sol but if it's in the bill of sale I'd be on the phone.

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
UPDATE: after several conversations with my dealer, they informed me that FR told them i did in fact have a 24 gal tank and providing me with a larger one was NOT an option. They (FR) are providing me with an external 30 gal tank that I can use to replenish my fresh tank. Potential buyers beware: Forest River has the right to sell you something other than what is printed on paper. This is the last FR product i purchase. Back to Jayco for me
__________________
Jimmy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy63 View Post
UPDATE: after several conversations with my dealer, they informed me that FR told them i did in fact have a 24 gal tank and providing me with a larger one was NOT an option. They (FR) are providing me with an external 30 gal tank that I can use to replenish my fresh tank. Potential buyers beware: Forest River has the right to sell you something other than what is printed on paper. This is the last FR product i purchase. Back to Jayco for me
Fyi .... not that it makes it right...

All illustrations and specifications contained in this literature are based on the latest product information at time of publication. Forest River, Inc. reserves the right to make changes in prices, colors, materials, equipment and specifications at anytime without notice and assumes no responsibility for any error in this literature. All weights shown are approximate. All units are shipped F.O.B. point of manufacture. CONSULT YOUR LOCA L DEALER FOR WA RRANTY INFORMATI ON. Litho U.S.A. 2012.08.31 FOR 1039



Sorry it happens.


Turbs
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.