Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #21

And like i said: buyer beware of this if you are considering any Forest River product. Pretty sad when every RV they have on dealer lots is potentially not what they say it is...... Disappointed
Jimmy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Forest river is no different than any other manufacturers.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #23

As a customer i feel it is the manufacturers responsibility to give me what they say i am getting. Especially if its something that i can't see while i am looking it over. To blanket these types of things with that garbage policy is ridiculous. I had no way of knowing i was getting 24 gal and neither did my dealer. I was lied to. Very poor tactics and deceitful to say the least. Pretty sure they wouldn't sell many RV's of this size if they disclosed the actual tank size. Once they buy it its their problem.... What a joke
Old 10-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #24

The business i am in, the customer gets above and beyond what we say they're getting. Not some garbage policy that states we aren't responsible.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #25
Always Learning

From what I've seen of Turbo's posts- he commiserates with you and accepts your frustration. But, I think his comment that it isn't just FR is that you made the comment that you'll never buy another FR and are going back to Jayco. I'd bet that all manufacturers (except for the custom builders) have similar language and have had similar issues.

It doesn't make it right and we agree with your frustration. Just not sure how to help you now...
Old 10-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
From what I've seen of Turbo's posts- he commiserates with you and accepts your frustration. But, I think his comment that it isn't just FR is that you made the comment that you'll never buy another FR and are going back to Jayco. I'd bet that all manufacturers (except for the custom builders) have similar language and have had similar issues.

It doesn't make it right and we agree with your frustration. Just not sure how to help you now...
Jayco does infact have almost similar verbiage on there website and in there brochures.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #27

Give me what i was told i was getting. The specifications are what drove me from RV to RV until I found the right one. I thought i found it. Wrong! I buy a $42k RV only to find out they can put whatever they want in it and have a "no disclosure" policy covering their selves for misrepresentation? At the very least tell the dealer what it is "actually" equipped with. Good Lord!! Am I the only one that sees how wrong this seems....
Old 10-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy63 View Post
Give me what i was told i was getting. The specifications are what drove me from RV to RV until I found the right one. I thought i found it. Wrong! I buy a $42k RV only to find out they can put whatever they want in it and have a "no disclosure" policy covering their ass for misrepresentation? At the very least tell the dealer what it is "actually" equipped with. Good Lord!! Am I the only one that sees how wrong this seems....
There were at least 3 things in my camper that differed from online and brochures from what I got.
I accepted it and moved on, and as it turned out forest river / palomino sabre has went above and beyond with customer service well after my warranty period has ended.
Was I upset? .... yep
Did it change how I used my camper? . Yep
Did I move on? Yep

Looking at purchasing my second forest river /palomino sabre and my third forest river unit.

Sorry that your unit doesn't meet your expectations.

Have you asked them why they down graded tank size?

Have you looking into changing the tank?

Turbs
Old 10-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #29
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy63 View Post
Give me what i was told i was getting.
Just FYI- this forum isn't associated with Forest River in anyway other than being a fan forum of their products. We can't do anything or change anything for you.

It sounds like FR or your dealer are willing to give you a fresh water tank that, while inconvenient, will give you the stated capacity for which you thought you were buying.